Abbott name meaning
What does Abbott mean?
Eternal and Celebrated Abbott chiefly is used in English, meaning of Abbott is "Father" that originated from Old English is given to both genders.
Variants of Abbott
View middle names that goes with Abbott like Han, Johnie, Xander, Kylan, Braxton, Kary,Names that rhyme with Abbott
How popular is the name Abbott?
Abbott is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1880, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 909 on boy names chart when 59 babies were named Abbott. Over 1073 people have been named Abbott in United States. As per our evaluation, over 1000 babies have been bestowed Abbott around the globe.
What numbers say about Abbott?
You live for the things that matter like friendship, kindness, cruelty-free world, and dreams. You actually believe your ideas are the best. And most of the time, they are. You hate the usual 9 to 5 way of working and prefer freelance working instead of a regular job. Working harder than required is what you are known for. People admire your charm and independent attitude about everything. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition.
Looking for names similar to Abbott? Please go through the following names
- Barrett - Originated from Old French, Middle and English, Prevalent and Enduring Barrett is primarily used in English, Barrett means "Brave as a Bear, Bonnet or Bear-like" is a gender-neutral name
- Darold - Cherished Darold has its origin in English-American and English, Darold means "Blend of Daryl or Harold or Gerald, Loved or Dear" which is principally used in English is aimed at boys
- Jerran - Odd boy name Jerran is used chiefly in English which originated from Hebrew, meaning of Jerran is "To Sing to Shout and Holy One". Jerran is a derivation of Jaron.
- Ceastun - Boy name Ceastun is largely used in English. It is rooted from English, meaning of Ceastun is "Camp or From the Army Camp"
- Claiborn - The curious boy name Claiborn is used commonly in English, Claiborn means "Brook Near a Clay-bed or From the Clay Brook" is originated from Old English
Famous people named Abbott
- Abbott Lowell Cummings, noted architectural historian and genealogist
- Abbott Lawrence Rotch, American meteorologist and founder of the Blue Hill Meteorological Observatory
- Abbott and Costello, were an American comedy duo composed of Bud Abbott and Lou Costello
- Abbott Lawrence, prominent American businessman, politician
- Abbott Handerson Thayer, American artist, naturalist and teacher
- Actor Abbott Alexander, famous for movie Starry Night