Abby meaning and origin
Abby's meaning is My Father is Light, My Father Rejoices, Father has Been Pleased, God is My Joy or Father's Joy is used as a gender insensitive name which is substantially used in Finnish, German, Danish, Hindi, English, Norwegian, Swedish and Tamil is of Hebrew and African-Gambian origin. Abby is a variant of biblical and popular Abi. Abi is version of preeminent and biblical Abbey. Abi is short form of Abraham. Trendy and Ceaseless Abi is originated from Old French, Hebrew and Turkish, Abi means "Joy of My Father and All". Abby is a variant of biblical and widespread Abbey. Abbey is English and Irish cognate of Abigail. Abbey means My Father Rejoices and Joy of My Father is originated from Hebrew. Abby is abridged form of Abigail. Abigail is German and English form of Abigael. Meaning of Abigail is Father Hath Rejoiced and Gives Joy is originated from Hebrew. It is celebrated on December 29th.
Variants of AbbyNames that rhyme with Abby
Popularity of Abby
Abby was a popular name in United States. Over 58399 babies have been named Abby since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 2001, the moniker grabbed the 163rd spot and 2048 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 161 years but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 41 times In England and Wales, Abby was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 4673 babies. At its zenith in 2002,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Also, Abby used to be a common name in Ireland, first appeared in 1997 and over 526 babies have been given the name in 15 years. At its zenith in 2004,. However after 15 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, A common name in France with over 1628 new-borns have been given the name since 1990. Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 322nd when 188 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Abby used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 2000 and over 207 babies have been given the name in 2 years. At its zenith in 2005,. After 2 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Abby is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names. Recently in 2016, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 309 on girl names chart when 43 babies were named Abby. Over 190 babies in Netherlands have been named Abby. The moniker is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland where it is still in use. In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 2006.
Abby is a rare baby name in New South Wales there is very thin chances of it still being given since it isn't seen since 2005. Over 207 people have been named Abby in New South Wales. Abby is a common name in England, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, Ghana, Philippines and China while somewhat familiar name in Zambia, New Zealand, South Africa, Uganda, Kenya, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, Mexico, India, Hong Kong, Nigeria, Poland, Scotland, Taiwan, Guatemala, Wales, Zimbabwe, Dominican Republic and Venezuela. As per our research, over 70000 babies have been bestowed Abby around the globe.
Abby in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Abby?
You play with people's emotions when it comes to romantic relationships because of the fear of betrayal. Number 3 as an expression number reveals your charm, positive attitude toward life, and contagious smile. You have a quick mind. If number 1 is your soul urge no, it means you should be more independent. You need to communicate with people in order to expand your knowledge and widen your perspective.
If you like Abby, you would love these names
- Antonia - Unfading, Fashinable Sky-scraping and Loved Antonia has its origin in Latin and Greek is substantially used in Norwegian, Danish and Swedish, a gender insensitive name, Antonia means "That Feeds on Flower or Priceless Inestimable". On the list of baby girl names, admired Antonia was spotted at 486th position in 1997 in United States
- Karol - Renowned Karol is originated from English and Old High German bestowed upon both genders, Karol means "Man or Feminine Variant of Charles" is commonly used in Finnish and Norwegian
- Kirstie - Meaning of Kirstie is Anointed or Variant Form of Christine is used in English and Scandinavian aimed at baby girls is rooted from Latin
- Lauryn means Laurel Plant or From Laurentum is originated from Latin used commonly in English is bestowed upon both sexes
- Richmond means Rich Hill has its origin in Old French used particulary in English is bestowed upon baby boys
Namesakes of Abby
- Abby Singer, American production manager and assistant director
- Abby Rockefeller, American ecologist, feminist
- Abby Whiteside, American piano teacher
- Abby Folsom, 19th-century American feminist and abolitionist
- Abby Burrows, New Zealand cricketer
- Abby Howe Turner, noted professor of Physiology and Zoology
- Abby Wambach, American retired soccer player, coach
- Abby and Brittany Hensel, are American dicephalic parapagus twins; also known as conjoined twins
- Abby Aldrich Rockefeller, American socialite and philanthropist
- Abby Rockefeller Mauzé, American philanthropist
- Abby Dalton, American actress,
- Abby Hoffman, Canadian former track and field athlete
- Abby Joseph Cohen, American economist and financial analyst on Wall Street
- Abby May, activist for several causes and one of the first paid social workers
- Abby Kelley, American abolitionist and radical social reformer active
- Abby Mann, American film writer and producer
- Abby Brammell, American television and stage actress
- Abby Travis, American musician, songwriter, and performer
- Abby Jackson, British artist, Stuckist painter
- Abby Hagyard, Canadian television actress, author, producer, director, playwright, dramatist
- Abby Abadi, Malaysian singer from girl band ELITE and actress
- Abby Wilde, American actress and singer
- Abby Lewis in Another World as Actress
- Abby Meates in Meteorites! as Actress
- Abby Joy in Hex as Actress
- Abby Royle in The Book of Life as Actress
- Abby Mills in Edge of Tomorrow as Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
- Abby Williard in Beginnings, Part 2 as Actress
- Abby Walla in Pilot as Actress
- Abby Berlin in Father Is a Bachelor as Director
- Abby Feldman in Gringolandia as Actress
- Abby Fung in Wo De Ye Man Nu You 2 as Actress
- In 1997 movie, Moving In/Moving Out, Abby Abernathy played N.
- In 2002 adventure and comedy flick, Rewind, Abby Hartmann characterized Lily.
- In 2002 drama film, One Thousand Years, Abby Paige characterized Emma.
- Abby Mukiibi Nkaaga played the critical role of John in 2019 drama and fantasy flick Imperial Blue.
- In 2018, Abby Craden played the role of Kara in action and horror movie Upgrade.
- In 2017 action and adventure movie, Cassidy Red, Abby Eiland portrayed Joe Cassidy.
Lists having Abby
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- African Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2003)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2008)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2010)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2013)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2011)
- Baby Names that mean Father
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Rejoicing
- Baby Names that mean Rejoices
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean God