Adelgund meaning and origin
The girl name Adelgund has its origin in Old High German which is used chiefly in German and Swedish languages, Adelgund means "Noble, Honorable or Fight". Adelgund largely is used in German and Swedish is of Old High German origin, meaning of Adelgund is "Noble, Honorable or Fight" is used as a baby girl name. Adelgund is a formed by queer ADAL and GUNN. GUNN is version of Gunnr, which itself is abridged form of names with "Gund" and ending with "Gund".
Variants of AdelgundNames that rhyme with Adelgund
Popularity of Adelgund
Adelgund is a familiar baby name in Germany. As per our findings, over 100 babies have been bestowed Adelgund around the globe, concentrated mainly in Europe.
What numbers say about Adelgund?
You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. Your main characteristics are determination, courage, and enterprise. People see you as their leader even if you never ask for it. Waking up at the same time every day, five times a week, makes you feel nervous and steals your energy away. You want to shout it out to the world that not everyone has to think or behave the same.
Looking for names similar to Adelgund? Please go through the following names
- Sæve - Boy name Sæve is specifically used in Old Swedish and Swedish. Sæve is Swedish cognate of Sefi
- Kulunnguaq - The girl name Kulunnguaq is used predominantly in Greenlandic and Danish. Kulunnguaq is Greenlandic equivalent of Kulúnguaĸ
- Odhenkarl is Swedish equivalent of Óðinkárr
- Benonia chiefly is used in Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Benonia is "Son of Sorrows and Son of Pain" is a baby girl name. Benonia is feminine of Benoni.
- Villar - Old Norse name Villar is used largely in Finnish and Swedish is a boy name. Villar is equivalent of Names Containing the Name Element Vill in Finnish language
Namesakes of Adelgund
We could not find any notable namesake.