Aimée meaning and origin
Used in Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, French and Swedish, Aimée means "The Beloved or Who is Loved" and is used for girls came from Latin. Also Aimée is French cognate of Amata. Aimée is celebrated on February 20.
Variants of AiméeNames that rhyme with Aimée
Popularity of Aimée
Aimée is a popular name in France given to over 27924 babies in 133 years. At present the name is rising, in 1909, it ranked 64th when 839 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names 33 times Aimée is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, 91 babies were given Aimée and it reached its peak ranking, 154 on girl names chart. There are over 424 babies that have been given the name Aimée in Netherlands.
Aimée is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, in use since 2001, peaked in 2009 when it ranked 708th. Over 141 babies in Belgium have been named Aimée. The moniker is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. But Aimée is a popular baby name in Madagascar where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in, Central African Republic and Chad. As per our evaluation, over 30000 babies have been bestowed Aimée around the globe.
Aimée in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Do you like Aimée? Other names you would love
- Anorah - Creative and adventurous and Fresh girl name Anorah came from Latin, meaning of Anorah is "Honor, Honored Honorable and The Word Honor with the Meaning Honor Valor" is specifically used in English. Anorah is a resultant of Honora.
- Albain - Originated from Latin, Albain is a baby boy name, notably used in French, Albain means "White"
- Prysca - The Prysca is rooted from Latin, Prysca means "Antique"
- Estrella - Meaning of Estrella is Star came from Latin used as a baby girl name is specifically used in Spanish
- Kandiss - Unexpected Kandiss is used majorly in English and English is of African-Ethiopia and Latin origin used for both sexes, Kandiss means "Fire White or Modern Variant of Candace"
Namesakes of Aimée
- Aimée Bologne-Lemaire, Belgian feminist, member of the resistance
- Aimée du Buc de Rivéry, French heiress
- Actor Aimée Jeanne Bourgon, notable for movie Myopia