Akash meaning and origin
Unconventional boy name Akash means "Sky or The Sky" and is used prevalently in Sanskrit, Marathi, Sikh, Assamese, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Hindi and Indian is originated from Sanskrit language.
Variants of AkashNames that rhyme with Akash
Popularity of Akash
Akash was a common name in United States. Over 2136 babies have been named Akash since 1975. When at the peak of its usage in 2002,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 44 years. Akash is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 379 on boy names chart when 57 babies were given the name Akash. Over 544 babies in England and Wales have been named Akash.
Akash is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 22 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 118 babies that have been given the name Akash in France. However things change on global perspective, Akash is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 5000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Bangladesh. According to our findings, at least 330000 people have been bestowed Akash around the globe.
Akash in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Akash?
You hate copying others. Unrestricted lifestyle is your mark. You like questioning general beliefs and opinions in order to comprehend the world better. You have a strong attitude about many things and stand firmly behind your beliefs and opinions. You are an ambitious person, who's driven by success and high aspirations. You never go anywhere or do anything without a plan, or two. You never take love relationships seriously in order to avoid disappointment.
Parents who liked Akash, loved these names
- Pundarik chiefly is used in Tamil, Marathi and Malayalam aimed at boys that originated from Sanskrit, meaning of Pundarik is "White Lotus"
- Uttam - Sanskrit name Uttam is majorly used in Sanskrit and Malayalam, meaning of Uttam is "Best" is used as a baby boy name
- Dipika - Dominantly used in Gujarati and Marathi, Dipika means "Light or A Small Lamp" has its roots in Sanskrit is used as a girl name
- Vasanti - Origin of Unexpected and Modernistic Vasanti is in Sanskrit, meaning of Vasanti is "Of Spring" used mainly in Telugu and Malayalam is bestowed upon baby girls
- Mithila - Unexpected choice and Fresh unisex name Mithila is used in Gujarati, Indian and Sanskrit has its roots in Sanskrit, meaning of Mithila is "Kingdom of Mithi or Kingdom"
Namesakes of Akash
- Akasha Villalobos in Last Girl Standing as Actress
- Akasha Cullen in Hairdresser Takes Cash for Anal as Actress
- Akash Dhar in short Tuesday as Actor
- In 2013, Akash Sharma characterized the role of N in drama film Calapor.
- Akash Adhikari played the leading role of N in 2008 drama flick Janayuddha.
- Akash Sagar Chopra characterized central role of Sahil in 2013 comedy, romance movie Rabba Main Kya Karoon.
Lists having Akash
- Boy names beginning with A
- Sanskrit Boy Names
- Indian Boy Names
- Hindi Boy Names
- Assamese Boy Names
- Bengali Boy Names
- Gujarati Boy Names
- Kannada Boy Names
- Malayalam Boy Names
- Marathi Boy Names
- Tamil Boy Names
- Telugu Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Sky