Alv meaning and origin
Alv is used chiefly in Swedish and Norwegian used for boys is originated from Old English. Alv is a form of prominent and ever lasting Alvin. Alvin is a variant form of Adalwin. Also Alvin is a variant form of The Old Norse Name Alfvin. Alvin is also variation of The Old High German Name Albwin. Alvin is also variation of The Old English Name Ælfwine. Alvin is also variation of The Old High German Name Adalwin. Alvin is derivative of Allowin. Alvin means A City on a White Hill and Elf is originated from German, Old High German and Old English. Also. Alv is variation of famed and vintage Alf. Alf is version of AlfredAlfie. Also Alf is variation of pious, durable and frequently used Alfonso. Alf is also a version of Combinations with the Name Element Alf. Alf is also a form of Alfr. Alf is also form of Álfr. Alf is short form of names with "Alf". Also Alf is a short version of Alfred. Alf is form of Alef in German language.
Variants of AlvNames that rhyme with Alv
Popularity of Alv
Alv is a familiar baby name in Norway. At least, 400 people globally have carried Alv as their given name, concentrated mainly Nordic regions according to our findings.
Alv in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Alv
You don't have to struggle to get the things you want because you are born under a lucky star. You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You hate copying others. People who know you describe you as driven and ambitious. You prefer to follow your intuition rather than follow rules and suggestions. You deserve the best because you are simply the best. Travelling is your passion. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions.
Other names similar to Alv
- Kassander - Boy name Kassander means "Protrude, Virile and Man" which came from Old Greek is majorly used in Danish and Norwegian. Kassander is a manly variation of Kassandra.
- Torolv is Norwegian equivalent of Þórolfr
- Colbanus is form of Kolbeinn in Latin language. Also Colbanus is Latin form of Kolbjǫrn
- Groa is used predominantly in Swedish and Danish aimed at baby girls is originated from Old Norse. Groa is Swedish cognate of Gróa
- Perine - Perines origin is Latin, meaning of Perine is "The Element Peregrinus Meaning Stranger Foreigner Traveller Pilgrim and Wanderer" which is specifically used in Swedish and Norwegian is used as a unisex name. Perine is shortened form of Peregrine.
Namesakes of Alv
- Alv Jakob Fostervoll, Norwegian politician for the Labour Party
- Alv Erlingsson, Norwegian nobleman
- Alv Kjøs, Norwegian army officer and politician for the Conservative Party
Lists having Alv
- Boy names beginning with A
- English Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean Friend
- Baby Names that mean City
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Hill
- Baby Names that mean Elf
- Baby Names that mean Counsel
- Baby Names that mean Elves
- Baby Names that mean Magical
- Baby Names that mean Peace
- Baby Names that mean Nature
- Baby Names that mean Spirit
- Baby Names that mean Natural
- Baby Names that mean Council