Amba meaning and origin
Used in Malayalam, Kannada, Sanskrit, Oriya, Bengali, Finnish, Telugu, Old Norse, Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Swedish and Sindhi unheard-of, Amba came from Sanskrit and Indian, Amba means "Goddess Durga or Mother" is used for girls. Amba is Old Norse equivalent of Arnbjǫrg.
Variants of AmbaNames that rhyme with Amba
Popularity of Amba
Amba is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 736 on girl names chart when 33 babies were named Amba. There are over 330 babies that have been given the name Amba in England and Wales. Amba is a rare baby name in United States however it is still in use. But Amba is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 50000 have the name. As per our findings, over 30000 babies have been bestowed Amba around the globe.
What numerology tells about Amba?
Reveal your pain and let people who've hurt you know how you feel. Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this. You are secretive when it comes to your dreams and goals because you believe that the fewer people know about your ideas and happiness, the longer you will stay happy and motivated. You are always preoccupied with other people's problems because they know you are compassionate and ready to help at any time.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Amba
- Assar - Meaning of Assar is Happy, Blessed or Fortunate is substantially used in Danish, Norwegian and Finnish is used as a boy name
- Arwid - Boy name Arwid is used commonly in German, Finnish and Nordic which of Old Norse, German and Scandinavian origin, meaning of Arwid is "Arn, Eagle or Vidr"
- Áile - Oldie and Predominant Áile dominantly is used in Swedish, Sami and Finnish is bestowed upon baby girls. Áile is Sami cognate of Helga
- Kani - Unfamiliar Kani came from Old Norse and Hebrew bestowed upon both genders, meaning of Kani is "Strength or Sound" is commonly used in Marathi, Tamil and Sikh
- Veli means Guardian or Brother is used prevalently in Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish. It is rooted from Turkish and Finnish is bestowed upon baby boys
Namesakes of Amba
- Amba Bihler acted in tvMiniSeries The Mahabharata
Lists having Amba
- Girl names beginning with A
- Indian Girl Names
- Sanskrit Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Sindhi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norse Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Durga
- Baby Names that mean Mother