Ananda meaning and origin
Ananda means Joy, Bliss, Joyful, Blissful or Always Merry and Full of Smiles is used especially in Tamil, Bengali, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam, Indian, Oriya, Telugu, Arabic, Sindhi, Sanskrit, Gujarati and Assamese and a gender insensitive name is originated from Sanskrit. Ananda is version of Anand. Rare Anand's origin is Sanskrit, meaning of Anand is "Joy, Delightful and One who is Blissful".
Variants of AnandaNames that rhyme with Ananda
Popularity of Ananda
Ananda is a common name in United States given to over 1672 babies in 66 years. Recently the name is rising, in 2002, the moniker grabbed the 1482nd spot and 128 baby girls were given the name. Ananda is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. During its 40 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 2000 boy names. Over 190 people have been named Ananda in France.
However things change on global perspective, Ananda is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 3000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Indonesia. At least, 500000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Ananda in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Ananda?
It's far better than righting wrongs that can't be undone or fixed. If you want to play with the big players, act like one. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff. You can win anyone's attention with your charm. You are a blessed person even if you don't know it yet. You have a sharp focus and highly developed sense of intuition.
If you like Ananda, you would love these names
- Suheera - The girl name Suheera means "Beautiful" is used commonly in Arabic and Sindhi
- Aaidah majorly is used in Sindhi and Arabic is a baby girl name, meaning of Aaidah is "Narrator of Hadith"
- Sameen - Unorthodox Sameen majorly is used in Hindi, Marathi and Arabic is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Sameen is "Precious, Happy or Valuable"
- Bishr is used primarily in Hindi and Arabic bestowed upon boys, Bishr means "Solved or Joy"
- Aatiqah - Used substantially in Arabic and Sindhi, Aatiqah means "Shoulder (Support) Old" is aimed at girls
Namesakes of Ananda
- Ananda Prasad, doctor specialising in the role of zinc
- Ananda Mikola, Indonesian racecar driver
- Ananda Lal, Indian academic and theatre critic
- Ananda Mohan Chakrabarty, scientist
- Ananda Mahidol,
- Ananda Coomaraswamy, Ceylonese Tamil philosopher and metaphysician
- Ananda Krishnan, Malaysian businessman and philanthropist
- Ananda Samarakoon, Sri Lankan composer and musician
- Ananda Lewis, American television personality
- Ananda Shankar, Bengali musician best
- Ananda Everingham, Thai film actor
- Ananda Sukarlan, Indonesian composer and pianist
- Ananda St. James in Heart's Desire as Actress
- Ananda Milsa in Arranged: The Musical as Actress
- Ananda George in The Raid as Actor
- Ananda Ellis composed the music of movie Someone Else's America
- Ananda Jayaratne, from 1965 drama flick Sepatha Soya, who characterized N.
Lists having Ananda
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Joy
- Baby Names that mean Happiness
- Baby Names that mean Joyful
- Baby Names that mean Bliss
- Baby Names that mean Full
- Baby Names that mean Always
- Baby Names that mean Merry