Augusta meaning and origin
Used largely in Danish, Finnish, Greenlandic, Faroese, German, English, Italian, Swedish and Norwegian long standing and admired, Augusta is of Latin origin, Augusta means "Great, Female Version of Augustus, Introduced to Britain by the Hanoverian in the Early 18th Century or August Dignified Holy" is used for both sexes. Augusta is a feminine variant of Augustus. Augustus is variant of imperishable and prevailing August. Also Augustus is version of all time favorite, saintly and outstanding Augustine. Meaning of Augustus is Majestic, The August and Great has its origin in Latin. Augusta is feminine form of August. August is form of famed and perpetual Augustus. August is diminutive of Augustine. August means Form of Augustus, August and The August is of Latin origin. The name is celebrated on 27 march.
Variants of AugustaNames that rhyme with Augusta
Popularity of Augusta
a popular name in France with over 17334 new-borns have been given the name since 1900. Currently the name is rising, in 1915, the moniker grabbed the 64th spot and 682 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 23 times Augusta was a common name in United States. Over 17957 babies have been named Augusta since 1880. When at its peak in 1883,. However after 248 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the given name has been in Also, Augusta is common in Denmark where over 140 new-borns have been given the name since 2016. At the peak of its usage in 2016, it ranked 49th when 140 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times
Augusta is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1999 when it ranked 1805th. Augusta is a rare baby name in Denmark where it is still in use. Over 140 people have been named Augusta in Denmark. But Augusta is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Angola, Brazil, Sierra Leone, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau and Ghana. At least, 250000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Augusta in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Augusta
You have a plan on changing the world. However, in order to do it, teach people how to change themselves first. You always analyze something in your mind. People see you as their leader even if you never ask for it. Having letter A as your capstone reveals your greediness and ambition. You know you have the power and will to accomplish whatever you imagine on your own. You are an active person who always plans every detail but has plan B in your sleeve, in case something goes wrong.
Looking for names similar to Augusta? Please go through the following names
- Julia - Unfading and Preeminent Julia chiefly is used in Kannada and Faroese, meaning of Julia is "Down-bearded Youth, Soft Bearded or Illustrious Roman Family" is a unisex name is originated from Latin
- Lunaire - Meaning of Lunaire is Moon is rooted from Latin
- Carron means Abbreviation of Katherine, Clear and The Pure is used as a gender-neutral name has origin in Old Greek and Latin. Carron is spelling variation of Karen.
- Eligio - The queer boy name Eligio means "Eligere" majorly used in Italian and Spanish has origin in Latin
- Daralice - Daralice's meaning is Beloved or Give is predominantly used in English that of Latin origin is a baby girl name
Namesakes of Augusta
- Augusta Hall, Baroness Llanover, Welsh heiress
- Augusta Holmès, French composer of Irish descent
- Augusta Theodosia Drane, English writer and Roman Catholic nun
- Augusta Webster, English poet, dramatist, essayist, and translator
- Augusta Fitzalan-Howard, Duchess of Norfolk, The Hon
- Augusta Read Thomas, American composer
- Augusta of Denmark, third daughter of King Frederick II of Denmark and Sophia of Mecklenburg-Güstrow
- Augusta Zadow, German-Australian trade unionist
- Augusta Emma Stetson, American Christian Scientist
- Augusta Jane Chapin, American Universalist minister
- Augusta Wallace, first woman in New Zealand to be appointed as a judge to the District Court
- Augusta Crichton-Stuart, Marchioness of Bute, daughter of Sir Alan Henry Bellingham, 4th Baronet
- Augusta Leigh, only daughter of John "Mad Jack" Byron, the poet Lord Byron's father
- Augusta Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein, last German empress and queen of Prussia by marriage to Wilhelm II
- Augusta of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, Queen of Prussia and the first German Empress as the consort of William I
- Augusta Jane Evans, American author of Southern literature
- Augusta Braxton Baker, African-American librarian and storyteller
- Augusta Dabney, American actress
- Augusta Savage, African-American sculptor associated with the Harlem Renaissance
- Augusta Wallace, Louisville, Kentucky-born stage actress
- Augusta Victoria of Hohenzollern, daughter of William
- Augusta Birney in Bloody Mary as Actress
- Augusta Ciolli in Marty as Actress
- Augusta Allen-Jones in Hellbent as Actress
- Augusta Mariano in Hey There, Delilah as Actress
- Augusta Miller in Happy Feet Two as Music Department
- In 1920, Augusta Anderson characterized the role of Hilda Newton in drama, romance flick Sinners.
- In 1912, Augusta Blad characterized the role of Widow Søholm in drama movie Det berygtede Hus.
- In 1914 crime, drama film, The Burglar and the Lady, Augusta Burmeister characterized Mrs. Harmontt0003731 1 nm0098376 actor N Elam Harnish, aka 'Burning Daylight'.
- Augusta Lindberg, from 1925 drama, history flick Karl XII, who characterized Kerstin Ulfclou.
- Augusta Perry portrayed vital role of Mrs. Suydam in 1920 drama movie Heritage.
Lists having Augusta
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular Girl Names in France (1922)
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Magnificent
- Baby Names that mean Worthy
- Baby Names that mean Respect
- Baby Names that mean Dignified
- Baby Names that mean Majestic
- Baby Names that mean Sublime
- Baby Names that mean Holy