Austin name meaning
On This Page
What does Austin mean?
Of Latin origin, Cherished and Conifer Austin means "Great, Magnificent, Variant of Augustine, Venerable, Majestic, Dignity, Worthy of Respect, Helpful, The August or The Dignified", largely used in German, Latin, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, English, Norwegian and Old Norse is used as a unisex name .
Austin is form of customary and ever lasting August. August is variation of admired and enduring Augustus. August is diminutive of Augustine. August means The August and One of the Months in the Twele Months is of Latin origin.
Austin is form of everlasting and commonly accepted Augustin. Augustin is variant form of durable and eminent August. Also Augustin is version of Augustinus. Augustin is derivation of Augustine. Origin of Cherished and Perpetual Augustin is in Latin, meaning of Augustin is "Worthy of Respect and Majestic".
Austin is abridged form of Augustine. Augustine is a version of pleasing and ever lasting August. Also Augustine is variant of well-known and enduring Augustina. Augustine is feminine variant of Augustin.
Augustine's meaning is Magnificent and The Dignified has origin in Latin. Austin is celebrated on August 28th.
What's Austin like for a baby name?
Austin is a classic and timeless baby boy name that has been popular for generations. It exudes an air of strength, confidence and power, making it a top choice for parents who want a strong and masculine name for their son.
The name has gained popularity due to its association with the city of Austin in Texas, which is known for its music scene, technology industry, and vibrant cultural events. Austin is also a versatile name that can be shortened to "Aussie" or "Oz" as cute nicknames.
With its Latin origin meaning "Great; magnificent; majestic", Austin carries an aura of grandeur and greatness that further adds to its appeal as a baby boy name.
How do I pronounce Austin?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Austin is a(u)-stin. Some people pronounce it as aus-tin.
Variants of Austin
Nicknames for Austin
If you're looking for a nickname, there is a Plenty that works with the the name Austin. Some of these are:Names that rhyme with Austin
How popular is the name Austin?
Austin was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 416922 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 1996, 25905 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 9th position.
However after 191 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 10 baby names 4 times Also, Austin was a popular name in England and Wales.
Over 8398 babies have been given the first name in 23 years. When at its peak in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 85th spot and 812 baby boys were given the name.
However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 6 times
A common name in New South Wales with over 1306 new-borns have been given the name since 2011.
When at its peak in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 52nd spot and 165 baby boys were given the name. Also, Austin is common in Queensland where over 825 new-borns have been given the name since 2011.
At present at its peak, 109 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 55th position. Also, A common name in Victoria with over 865 new-borns have been given the name since 2011.
Recently at its peak, it ranked 48th when 121 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Austin is a familiar baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 57 babies were given Austin and it reached its peak ranking, 43 on boy names chart. Austin is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 1965, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 111 on boy names chart when 38 babies were named Austin. Over 990 babies in Ireland have been named Austin.
Austin is an uncommon baby name in France, in use since 1997, peaked in 2016 when it ranked 1426th.
Over 209 babies in France have been named Austin. In Belgium, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1998. Austin is a rare baby name in Western Australia where it is still in use.
But Austin is a popular baby name in Nigeria where every 1 in 6000 have the name as well as in, Malawi, Zimbabwe, England, Kenya and Zambia. According to our estimate, at least 420000 people have been bestowed Austin around the globe.
Austin in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Austin?
It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart. You allow yourself to change your mind and perspective from time to time if you find out that someone's way is better than yours. You don't believe in rules and restrictions. You are able to resist any temptation because you focus on things that matter all the time. You don't have the will to try and accomplish your wildest dreams because you are scared of failure.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Austin
- Klementine - New-fangled and Creative and adventurous Klementine substantially is used in Polish and German has origin in Latin, a baby girl name, meaning of Klementine is "The Merciful or The Gentle"
- Valesca - Valesca's meaning is The Healthy or The Strong is originated from Latin which is used predominantly in English and Polish is aimed at girls
- Maurits - Of Latin origin, Maurits bestowed upon baby boys is commonly used in Russian and Swedish. Maurits is equivalent of Mauritz in Nordic language
- Kristine - Widely Accepted unisex name Kristine means "Christian or Belonging to Christ" and is used particulary in Icelandic and Swedish has its origin in Latin language
- Márcia - Originated from Latin, Márcia is primarily used in Portuguese, a girl name, Márcia means "Dedicated to Mars"
Sibling Names for Austin
Looking for a sibling name to go with Austin? Look no further than this list of suggestions! Whether you're looking for something classic or modern, traditional or unique, you're sure to find the perfect name to complement your little one's moniker. From timeless choices like Emily and William to more unusual picks like Luna and Phoenix, there's something here for everyone. So sit back, relax, and get ready to be inspired!
Names for Austin's sister
Brother for Austin
Famous people named Austin
- Austin Clarke, born in 83 Manor Street, Stoneybatter, Dublin
- Austin Dobson, racing driver from England
- Austin Peck, American actor
- Austin L. Rand, Canadian zoologist
- Austin Dowling, American prelate of the Roman Catholic Church
- Austin F. Cushman, invented the self-centering Cushman universal chuck
- Austin Clarke, (February 18, 1896
- Austin Lane Poole, British mediaevalist
- Austin Warren, American literary critic, author
- Austin Asche, former Administrator of the Northern Territory and was the third Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory
- Austin Woodbury, Australian Catholic philosopher
- Austin Coates, British civil servant, writer and traveller
- Austin McGary, American Restoration Movement evangelist and publisher of a periodical entitled 'Firm Foundation'
- Austin Hobart Clark, American zoologist
- Austin Leslie, internationally famous New Orleans, Louisiana
- Austin E. Lathrop, American politician, industrialist
- Austin Letheridge Bender, mayor of the City of Chattanooga
- Austin Eli Wing, politician in Michigan
- Austin Sarat, is William Nelson Cromwell professor of Jurisprudence and Political Science at Amherst College
- Austin Robinson, University of Cambridge economist
- Austin Willey, 19th-century American preacher, abolitionist
- Austin Mast, research botanist
- Austin H. Kiplinger, American journalist and businessman
- Austin Gresham, British pathologist and writer of 'A Colour Atlas of Forensic Pathology'
- Austin Roberts, South African zoologist
- Austin Mardon, scientist
- Austin Tate, is Professor of Knowledge-based systems at the University of Edinburgh
- Austin Lane Crothers, 46th Governor of Maryland in the United States
- Austin Osman Spare, English artist and occultist
- Austin Clarke, Barbadian novelist, essayist
- Austin Currie, former Irish Fine Gael politician
- Austin Lounge Lizards, musical group from Austin, Texas formed in 1980
- Austin Steward, African-American abolitionist and author
- Austin Healey, former English rugby union player
- Austin Mitchell, British Labour Party politician
- Austin M. Allran, Republican member of the North Carolina General Assembly representing the state's forty-second Senate district
- Austin Deasy, Irish Fine Gael politician
- Austin Gunsel, is best remembered for serving as the National Football League's interim commissioner following the death of Bert Bell on October 11
- Austin Blair, politician from the U.S. state of Michigan
- Austin O'Brien, American actor and photographer
- Austin Willis, Canadian actor and television host
- Austin St. John, Austin St
- Austin Phelps, American Congregational minister and educator
- Austin Bradford Hill, FRS, English epidemiologist and statistician
- Austin Chapman, member of several early federal ministries
- Austin Scott, tenth President of Rutgers College
- Austin Stack, Irish revolutionary and politician
- Austin Aries, Daniel Healy Solwold Jr
- Austin Carr, American retired professional basketball player
- Austin Idol, professional wrestler
- Austin Croshere, retired American professional basketball player
- Austin Codrington, former Canadian ODI cricketer
- Austin Kearns, American professional baseball outfielder
Lists having Austin
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -tin
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2017)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Magnificent
- Baby Names that mean Venerable
- Baby Names that mean Majestic
- Baby Names that mean Dignity
- Baby Names that mean Worthy
- Baby Names that mean Respect
- Baby Names that mean Helpful
- Baby Names that mean Dignified
- Baby Names that mean Sublime
- Baby Names that mean Increase
- Baby Names that mean Holy