Awa meaning and origin
Chiefly used in Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Arabic and Finnish far-out, Awa means "Live, Living, The Enlivening, River, Beautiful Angel or Night" and is aimed at both genders is originated from Maori and Hebrew.
Variants of Awa
ChavahAwahNames that rhyme with Awa
Popularity of Awa
A common name in France having over 1297 recievers in 13 years of usage. Presently at its peak, the moniker grabbed the 329th spot and 183 baby girls were given the name. Awa is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1992 and was able to reach the top 4000 names. In 2005, it ranked 3402nd when 44 girls were named Awa. Over 667 people have been named Awa in United States.
Awa is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 2000, peaked in 2002 when it ranked 1530th. There are over 172 babies that have been given the name Awa in England and Wales. However things change on global perspective, Awa is extremely popular in Senegal where every 1 in 60 have the name as well as in, Mali and Burkina Faso. Also the baby name is popular in Ivory Coast, Gambia, Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger and Benin. At least, 770000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Awa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Awa?
You always watch not to hurt anyone's emotions. Nothing can stop them from achieving what they intended. Learn what makes you happy. Make sure you invest your energy, time and love in the right place. Otherwise, you risk ending up disappointed and alone. You are a good listener and friend. You act cold around people not because you are insensitive as they believe but scared of getting carried away by your emotions.
Do you like Awa? You would love these names
- Kally - Unconventional unisex name Kally means "Lovely, Most Beautiful or Fairest" used specifically in Norwegian, Arabic and Finnish is originated from Sanskrit language
- Sajni - Curious girl name Sajni is used dominantly in Bengali, Hindi and Arabic, Sajni means "One who is Dearly Loved or Beloved" has origin in Sanskrit
- Hana - Admired Hanas origin is Arabic and Japanese, meaning of Hana is "Grace of God or A Type of Flower" and is used particulary in Kannada, Arabic and Arabic is used for both sexes
- Aish - The unisex name Aish is mostly used in Punjabi and Arabic is originated from Arabic, Aish means "Live or Alive"
- Haifa - Offbeat Haifa has its origin in Arabic is a girl name, Haifa means "Slender or Slim" is used in Kannada and Arabic
Namesakes of Awa
- Awa Marie Coll-Seck, officeholder
- In 1990 drama flick, Dakar Clando - CITY LIFE -Dakar, Awa Sene Sarr characterized N.
Lists having Awa
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Maori Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Live
- Baby Names that mean Living
- Baby Names that mean Enlivening
- Baby Names that mean River
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Angel
- Baby Names that mean Night