Baya meaning and origin
Baya's meaning is Great Lady, Noble or Ugly-Looking is used in Swahili and African used as a baby girl name is rooted from African-Swahili and Arabic.
Variants of BayaNames that rhyme with Baya
Popularity of Baya
In United States, Baya is a familiar name where it has been in use since 2001 and has secured the place in top 3000 names. In 2010, it ranked 2585th when 70 girl were named Baya. Over 334 babies in United States have been named Baya. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1946 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 499 on girl names chart when 87 babies were given the name Baya. Over 1559 people have been named Baya in France.
Baya is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. But Baya is a popular baby name in Algeria where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in, India and China. As per our evaluation, over 130000 people has been named Baya globally.
Here's what numbers has to say about Baya
You are dominant when it comes to relationships. Use your influence to make people do good and become the best versions of themselves. People take you as a self-absorbed person but you don't care how they take you. You are the most active, livingly human being in your surroundings. You hate working in a team because you know that working alone brings out the best of you. You are a child of change.
Looking for names similar to Baya? Please go through the following names
- Hasinah - Recent and Odd Hasinah is used in Arabic came from African-Swahili, Hasinah means "Beautiful or Pretty" is used as a baby girl name
- Siri - Siri's meaning is Beautiful or White Wagtail is particulary used in Swedish, Norwegian and Gujarati and is bestowed upon both boys and girls has origin in Old Norse
- Nimah - Queer girl name Nimah means "Blessing or Loan". Its origin is in Hebrew and African-Swahili is used substantially in Arabic
- Coby - Eminent Coby principally is used in English has its origin in Hebrew and African-Swahili and a gender insensitive name, meaning of Coby is "Holder of the Heel, Variant of Coburn or Supplanter". In 2002, eminent Coby was the 500th most popular name in baby boy names list in United States
- Sakinah - Infrequent girl name Sakinah means "Tranquility or Allah-inspired Peace of Mind" and originated from African-Swahili is used especially in Arabic
Namesakes of Baya
- Baya Rahouli, Algerian athlete who competes in the triple jump
- Baya Belal in When Pigs Have Wings as Actress
- Baya Kasmi in Le nom des gens as Writer
- Baya Bangue Namkosse acted in TV series Sve za ljubav