Berend meaning and origin
Isolated and Fresh boy name Berend is used chiefly in Dutch, Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish, German and Danish that originated from Germanic, meaning of Berend is "Bärenstarke". Berend is version of perpetual, sacred and dominant Bernard. Bernard is French, English and Dutch equivalent of Bernhard. Also Bernard is French cognate of Bernhard. Bernard means Bear and Strong is of Old High German and Germanic origin. Berend is German cognate of Berent.
Variants of BerendNames that rhyme with Berend
Popularity of Berend
Berend is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. Recently in 2016, 68 babies were given Berend and it reached its peak ranking, 236 on boy names chart. Over 294 babies in Netherlands have been named Berend. The first name is an uncommon baby name in Belgium there is very thin chances of it still being given as it was last seen in 2008.
Berend is a common name in South Africa and Germany while somewhat familiar name in United States. At least, 7000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Berend in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Berend
What makes you comfortable talking is noticing the person that you are interacting with, is honest and reliable. You often end up hurt and disappointed. 2 as your personality number reveals your shyness. Having letter B as your cornerstone means having the gentlest heart ever. Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless.
Other names similar to Berend, for would be parents
- Lotti - Unexpected choice and Fresh girl name Lotti is originated from Old High German and Germanic used in German, Danish and Finnish languages, meaning of Lotti is "Husband or Man"
- Cornelius - Origin of Eminent and Perpetual Cornelius is in Latin is used as a unisex name, meaning of Cornelius is "War Horn or Like a Horn" is notably used in Norwegian and Swedish. Among baby boy names, renowned Cornelius elevated to 485th position in 1990 in United States
- Hendrika - Meaning of Hendrika is House or Ruler is originated from Frisian and Germanic is a baby girl name is primarily used in Swedish and Norwegian
- Arwin - Outlandish Arwins origin is Germanic, Old High German and Old English, meaning of Arwin is "Eagle, People's Friend or Examination" used as a boy name is specifically used in Finnish and Danish
- Reinbert - The boy name Reinbert means "Bright or Advice" is came from Old High German is used specifically in German, Swedish and Dutch
Namesakes of Berend
- Berend Tobia Boeyinga, Dutch architect noted for his Calvinist church buildings and as a practicing member of the Amsterdam School
- Berend George Escher, Dutch geologist
- Berend Carp, sailor from the Netherlands,