Bertram meaning and origin
Desirable and All time favorite boy name Bertram means "Bright Raven Wise Person or Wise Person" which is used largely in Finnish, English, Norwegian, Icelandic, Swedish, Dutch, Danish and German has its origin in Old High German and Germanic languages. Bertram is form of everlasting and prominent Bertrand. Bertrand is French and English equivalent of Bertram. Also Bertrand is French cognate of Bertram. Originated from Germanic and Old High German, Well-Known and Ceaseless Bertrand, Bertrand means "Glorious Raven, Bright and Introduced to Britain During the Norman Conquest". Bertram is form of Berhtraban in German language. Bertram is celebrated on October 16th or September 6th.
Variants of Bertram
View middle names that goes with Bertram like Palm, Harve, Juin, Tobias, Jave,Names that rhyme with Bertram
Popularity of Bertram
Bertram is a common name in United States given to over 7893 babies in 135 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1895, it ranked 337th when 228 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Additionally, the moniker has been in Also, Bertram is a common name in Denmark given to over 2177 babies in 11 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2009, 239 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 39th position. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 11 times
Bertram is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 924 on boy names chart when 27 babies were named Bertram. There are over 290 babies that have been given the name Bertram in England and Wales. Bertram is a rare baby name in France there is very thin chances of it still being given. But Bertram is a popular baby name in Germany where every 1 in 20000 have the name. At least, 20000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Bertram in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Bertram?
You keep your facade so you don't get too attached to people and experience disappointment, eventually. You are a selfish but understanding friend and lover. To have dreams you want to accomplish means having a reason to wake up in the morning. You allow your past to ruin your present and future because you have a hard time letting go of things. You are lagging behind on motivational front. Partnerships are exclusively important to you.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Bertram
- Sander - Widely Accepted unisex name Sander means "Man's Defender or Protector" has its roots in Old Greek is used in German, Slavic and Finnish
- Miep - Prominent and Venerable girl name Miep is rooted from Hebrew is prevalently used in Dutch language. Miep is Dutch equivalent of Maria. Also Miep is form of Mary in Dutch language
- Brigitta - The uncustomary baby girl name Brigitta means "High, Mighty, Exalted, Sublime or Strength, Force". It is rooted from Celtic is used prevalently in Icelandic, French and Scandinavian
- Griet means Pearl used for girls has its origin in Greek and Old Greek is used principally in German and Dutch
- Leen - Queer unisex name Leen means "Hardy or Lion", mainly used in Dutch has origin in Old High German and Greek
Namesakes of Bertram
- Bertram Mills,
- Bertram Turetzky, contemporary American double bass soloist, composer
- Bertram Thomas, English diplomat and explorer
- Bertram Smythies, British forester and ornithologist
- Bertram de Criol, senior and trusted Steward and diplomat to King Henry III
- Bertram Wolfe, American scholar and former communist best
- Bertram Keightley, prominent English Theosophist
- Bertram Forer, American psychologist best
- Bertram Korn, Sr
- Bertram Whittier Wells, American botanist and ecologist active
- Bertram Lichtenstein, American clothing manufacturer
- Bertram de Shotts, is known locally as a legendary giant that roamed the then village of Shotts
- Bertram Wallis, English actor and singer
- Bertram Macdonald, British long-distance runner
- Bertram Heribertson, Swedish actor and director, known for his work
- Bertram Raven, American academic,
- Bertram Hopkinson, British patent lawyer and Professor of Mechanism and Applied Mechanics at Cambridge University
- Bertram Gurdon, 2nd Baron Cranworth, British peer and soldier
- Bertram Falle, 1st Baron Portsea, Jersey-born barrister and politician
- Bertram Myron Gross, American social scientist
- Bertram Brockhouse, Canadian physicist
- Bertram Kostant, American mathematician
- Bertram Raphael, American computer scientist
- Bertram Boltwood, American pioneer of radiochemistry
- Bertram Eugene Warren, American crystallographer
- Bertram Steele, Australian scientist
- Bertram Ramsay, Royal Navy officer
- Bertram Goodhue, American architect celebrated for his work
- Bertram Best-Dunkley, English recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Bertram Brooker, Canadian writer, painter, musician
- Bertram van Munster, Dutch-born American co-creator and executive producer of 'The Amazing Race'
- Bertram Tracy Clayton, American soldier and politician
- Bertram Stevens, Australian politician
- Bertram Heyn, Sri Lankan general and a cricketer
- Bertram Wainer, Australian doctor
- Bertram Bowyer, 2nd Baron Denham, British Conservative politician and member of the House of Lords as one of the remaining hereditary peers
- Bertram Mackennal, Australian sculptor and medallist
- Bertram Willes Dayrell Brooke, member of the family of White Rajahs
- Bertram L. Podell, member of the United States House of Representatives
- Bertram Stevens, was Australian journal editor ; literary and art critic; and anthologist
- Bertram Kelly, was born in Douglas, on the Isle of Man
- Bertram Bracken was a director, actor and scriptwriter of American nationality, active in the time of silent films.
- Bertram Bloch is writer of movie Gabriel Over the White House
- Bertram Burleigh played leading role of Allan Rose in 1919 drama movie The Sands of Time.
- In 1948, Bertram Fernando characterized the role of N in film Veradunu Kurumanama.
- Bertram Grassby played the minor character of Arthur Bleydon in 1924 action and adventure film The Midnight Express.
- Bertram Anderson-Smith, from 1922 comedy flick The Dangerous Little Demon, who portrayed Demy Baker.
Lists having Bertram
- Boy names beginning with B
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Dutch Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Ber
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Raven
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Brilliant
- Baby Names that mean Shiny
- Baby Names that mean Famous