Carissa name meaning
On This Page
What does Carissa mean?
Carissa means Grace or Kindness is a gender-neutral name, predominantly used in Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian and English has origin in Italian, Old Greek and Greek. Carissa is variant of renowned Charissa. Charissa is form of celebrated Carissa.
Also Charissa is variant form of frequently used Charis. Charissa's meaning is Grace and Kindness has origin in Old Greek and Italian. Carissa is version of acclaimed Charis. Charis is a derivation of Charity.
Charis is Latin form of The Greek Name Χαρις. Origin of Prevalent Charis is in Greek and German, meaning of Charis is "Charity and Of the Name Reveals Itself with the Noun 'Charisma'".
Carissa is a short of Cara. Cara is variant of widespread and ceaseless Carola. Also Cara is version of eternal and dominant Carolina. Cara's meaning is Dear One and Expensive is originated from Vietnamese and Celtic.
What do we think of Carissa as a name for a newborn?
Carissa is a beautiful name for a newborn girl. It has its roots in Greek and means beloved, grace. This name connotes the idea of love and kindness, making it a perfect choice for any new parent looking for something special for their daughter.
The name also carries with it a sense of elegance, strength and confidence which will be valuable assets as she grows up. Carissa is also quite unique and not overused, meaning that it won't be overly common in her school classes or among her peers.
A wonderful choice all around!
How do I pronounce Carissa?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Carissa is c(a)-rissa. The name can also be pronounced as car(is)-sa.
Variants of CarissaNames that rhyme with Carissa
How popular is the name Carissa?
Carissa was a popular name in United States. Over 28004 babies have been named Carissa since 1949. When at the peak of its usage in 1992, it ranked 239th when 1157 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 70 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names 29 times Carissa is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000.
Over 176 babies in England and Wales have been named Carissa.
Carissa is a common name in Philippines and Canada while somewhat familiar name in Australia, Indonesia, South Africa, England, Trinidad and Tobago and New Zealand.
As per our evaluation, over 20000 babies have been bestowed Carissa around the globe.
Carissa in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Carissa?
You are always open to experience something new. You are a good listener but give the worst advice. Having the letter A as your capstone reveals your hard-working nature and persistence. Your soul is suffocated with memories that are hard to forget. Set up a positive mindset and enjoy. You encourage people to walk the harder path and fight for what they believe is right. You are being too hard on people when it comes to their beliefs because you feel the constant urge to prove your theories.
Do you like Carissa? Other names you would love
- Castir - Old Greek name Castir means "Beaver" is a boy name. Castir is resultant of Castor.
- Tobie - The well-known and venerable unisex name Tobie is of Greek and Hebrew origin, used in English and Swedish languages, Tobie means "The Lord is Good or Abbreviation of the Hebrew Name Tobiah"
- Ippolit - Boy name Ippolit is predominantly used in Russian which of Old Greek origin, meaning of Ippolit is "Hippos and Freer of Horses". Ippolit is resulted from Hippolyt.
- Gerda - Preeminent and Classic girl name Gerda has origin in Old Greek, Germanic and Old Icelandic, meaning of Gerda is "Gerd, The Word Gerd Meaning Enclosure or Force" is particulary used in German, Norwegian and Greenlandic
- Ariadne - Meaning of Ariadne is The Elements Ari Which Means Most Very, Holy or Most Venerable used for baby girls which is used notably in Danish, Finnish and Swedish has its origin in Old Greek
Sibling Names for Carissa
If you're looking for sibling names to complement the name Carissa, here are some suggestions. These names are popular and traditional, which can create a perfect match for your baby's name. With unique sounds and meanings, these names will make a great addition to your family.
Sister for Carissa
Brother to Carissa
Famous people named Carissa
- Carissa Loethen in The 2015 Grammy Awards as
- Carissa Brown in Changing Rooms Volume 1 as Actress
- Carissa Rosario in Miss B's Hair Salon as Actress
- Carissa Kosta in King of the Ants as Actress
- Carissa Rae Alvarado in The Book of Life as Soundtrack
- Carissa Siria Renteria in Dead Drunk as Actress
- Carissa Blades in Ripe as Actress
- Carissa Hernandez in Georgia as Miscellaneous Crew
- Carissa Montgomery in Beautiful Girls in Bondage as Actress
- Carissa Bazler in As You Were as Actress
- Carissa Ashley is famous for her acting in movie Overnight Sensation
- In 2017, Carissa Becker played the role of Sarah in horror, thriller flick Ekimmu: The Dead Lust.
Lists having Carissa
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -rissa
- Boy names that starts with Car
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Kindness