Carmela meaning and origin
Cherished and Evergreen unisex name Carmela has its origin in Latin and Hebrew, Carmela means "Fruit Garden, Fruitful Land, Bright Red or Our Lady of Mount Carmel" is used principally in Finnish, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish and Danish. Carmela is form of trendy and long standing Carmel. Carmel is Spanish cognate of Carmen. Originated from Latin and Hebrew, Well-Known and Ever lasting Carmel, Carmel means "Fruit Garden, Fruitful Land and Bright Red". Carmela is abridged form of Carmen. Origin of Darling and Ever lasting Carmen is in Latin and Hebrew languages, meaning of Carmen is "Son of Talmai, Crimson or Red and Garden".. It is celebrated on July 16th.
Variants of Carmela
View middle names that goes with Carmela like Miah, Leanna, Pauline, Leona, Gretchen, Faith,Names that rhyme with Carmela
Popularity of Carmela
Carmela is a popular in United States where over 23380 new-borns have been given the name since 1882. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1923, it ranked 266th when 586 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 43 times Carmela is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1908 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1959, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 289 on girl names chart when 79 babies were given the name Carmela. There are over 1533 babies that have been given the name Carmela in France.
Carmela is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 3000. Over 123 people have been named Carmela in England and Wales. Carmela is a rare baby name in Ireland there is very thin chances of it still being given and also in Belgium. But Carmela is a popular baby name in Mexico where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Philippines, Peru, Guatemala, Colombia and Brazil. At least, 570000 people globally have carried Carmela as their given name according to our estimate.
Carmela in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Carmela?
You know you have the power and will to accomplish whatever you imagine on your own. Having the letter A as your capstone reveals your hard-working nature and persistence. Doing what you are passionate about is the best thing ever, and the only way to feel real joy and happiness. Once you distance yourself from everything you know inspiration will walk into your life again. You are a risk taker because you know that in order to get something, you need to give something in return.
Other names similar to Carmela, for would be moms
- Marcuss means Dedicated to the God Mars, Mars and From the God Mars used for boys has its origin in Latin. Marcuss is derivative of Marcus.
- Hénora - Latin name Hénora is a baby girl name, meaning of Hénora is "Honor" is used substantially in French
- Apreah - Originated from Latin, Apreah means "Resembling an Apricot" is used as a baby girl name. Apreah is derivative of Apria.
- Gennaro - Noteworthy Gennaro is used predominantly in Italian, Gennaro means "Entrance, January or Door" is originated from Latin is a baby boy name
- Nickie - Nickie's meaning is Victory or Victory or People used for both sexes, used mostly in Danish and Finnish is originated from Latin and Old Greek
Namesakes of Carmela
- Carmela Allucci, female water polo midfielder from Italy,
- Carmela Rappazzo in Outbreak as Actress
- Carmela Evangelista in Red Riding Hood as Miscellaneous Crew
- Carmela Hayslett in Death Follows as Actress
- Carmela Marner in Mission: Impossible as Actress
- Carmela Rey in Las hijas del Amapolo as Actress
- Carmela Corbett in Severance as Actress
- Carmela Zumbado in Need for Speed as Actress
- Carmela Corren is an Israeli singer and actress.
- Carmela Wiese acted in movie Incest Death Squad
- Carmela Ramos, from 2002 drama film Mona Saber, who played the Mona Saber.
- Carmela Ramaglia, from 2009 mystery, sci-fi film Unremembered, who played Callie.
- Carmela Lamberti, from 2008 comedy film The Many Strange Stories of Triangle Woman, who played Ms. Sampson.
Lists having Carmela
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Car
- Girl names that ends with -ela
- Baby Names that mean Fruit
- Baby Names that mean Garden
- Baby Names that mean Fruitful
- Baby Names that mean Land
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Red
- Baby Names that mean Lady
- Baby Names that mean Mount
- Baby Names that mean Carmel