Carter name meaning
On This Page
What does Carter mean?
Preeminent and Ceaseless Carter's origin is Old English and Scottish, meaning of Carter is "Cart Driver, Carter or Driver of a Cart" is a gender-neutral name is chiefly used in English.
How do I pronounce Carter?
c(a)-rter is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Carter. The other ways to say the name is car-ter.
Variants of Carter
Nicknames for Carter
Here is the list of Common nicknames for name Carter:
How popular is the name Carter?
Carter was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1881 around 164196 babies have been given the given name. At its zenith in 2015, the moniker grabbed the 24th spot and 10761 baby boys were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 213 years but still going strong on charts. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 10 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 6900 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
Currently the name is hotter than ever, it ranked 60th when 1030 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 4 times
A common name in New South Wales having over 658 recievers in 5 years of usage.
Recently peaking at the charts, it ranked 60th when 150 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, Carter is a common name in Queensland given to over 1227 babies in 8 years.
At present the name is rising, in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 27th spot and 182 baby boys were given the name. Also, A common name in Victoria having over 200 recievers in 2 years of usage.
Recently the name is rising, in 2019, the moniker grabbed the 66th spot and 115 baby boys were given the name.
In Ireland, Carter is a familiar name where it has been in use since 2009 and has secured the place in top 200 names.
Recently in 2019, 61 babies were given Carter and it reached its peak ranking, 113 on boy names chart. Over 307 people have been named Carter in Ireland. Carter is a unique baby name in Western Australia, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 47 on boy names chart when 50 babies were named Carter.
Carter is an uncommon baby name in France still in use today.
Carter is a rare baby name in Western Australia however it is still in use and also in Victoria. Over 200 people have been named Carter in Victoria. Also, Carter is a familiar name in Canada, Ghana, Philippines, Liberia, Indonesia, Australia, China, England and Zimbabwe.
According to our research, over 170000 babies have been named Carter globally.
Carter in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Carter
Your life interests change as you change, constantly. You have to pay attention to your surroundings and the people you hang out with. You always act like everything's just great. You are daring and courageous. Instead of seeing it as a cursing, take this as your blessing. Love makes you complete. You are the innovator, the one who organizes parties or sleepovers, and the initiator for doing unusual stuff.
Do you like Carter? Other names you would love
- Jose - Long standing and Acclaimed Jose especially is used in Finnish and Swedish is originated from Hebrew, meaning of Jose is "He (God) Will Add, May God Give Increase or God will Add Another Son" is bestowed upon both genders. Illustrous name Jose bagged 89th position on baby boy names chart in 2018 in United States
- Antonio - Unfading and Lofty Antonio notably is used in Danish and Italian, meaning of Antonio is "Beyond Praise or In the 17th Century" bestowed upon both boys and girls came from Latin and Greek
- Tanner - Tanner's meaning is Leather-worker or Tanner is of Old English origin and is predominantly used in German, Finnish and English is used for both boys and girls
- Michelle - The commonly accepted unisex name Michelle means "Who is Like God, Like the Lord or Who Resembles God", especially used in Tamil and English is of Hebrew origin
- Payton - Lofty and Conifer Payton came from Old English and Latin, meaning of Payton is "Peacock Town, Warrior's Estate or Noble" which is primarily used in English and English is aimed at both boys and girls
Middle names for Carter
These are some of the contemporary and teeny-weeny options for Carter middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Carter.
Sibling Names for Carter
If you have chosen the name "Carter" for your baby, then you might be looking for some inspiration to find a perfect sibling name that complements it. Whether you want to stick with a traditional or modern theme, we've got you covered with a list of 10 beautiful sibling names that go well with Carter.
Names for Carter's sister
For a brother
Celebrity Baby News
- Paris Hilton and Carter Ream Welcome Their First Child Together
Paris Hilton and her husband, venture capitalist and entrepreneur Carter Reum, have welcomed their first child. After getting married in November 2021, the couple have now become proud parents to a baby boy. The Simple Life star made the surprise announcement of their baby's arrival on Instagram, sharing a photo of her little one’s hand holding hers.
Famous people named Carter
- Carter Bassett Harrison, Rep
- Carter W. Clarke, U.S. Army intelligence officer and brigadier general
- Carter Pann, American composer
- Carter Manasco, U.S. Representative from Alabama
- Carter Mull, American artist working in Los Angeles
- Carter Albrecht, American musician perhaps best
- Carter Harrison Sr., Carter Henry Harrison Sr
- Carter Harrison Jr., American politician
- Carter Family, traditional American folk music group that recorded between 1927 and 1956
- Carter Braxton, signer of the United States Declaration of Independence
- Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine, were an English indie rock band
- Carter Glass, American newspaper publisher and Democratic politician
- Carter Burwell, American composer of film scores
- Carter G. Woodson, American historian, author
- Carter Beauford, American drummer, percussionist
- Carter Jenkins, American actor
- Carter Stanley, bluegrass music lead singer, songwriter
- Carter Trevisani, ice hockey player
- Carter Rycroft, Canadian curler from Sherwood Park, Alberta
- Carter Revard, American poet, scholar, and writer
- Carter L. Stevenson, Carter Littlepage Stevenson, Jr
- Carter DeHaven, American movie and stage actor, movie director
- Carter, for his artworks
- Carter Cornelius, rhythm and blues musician
- Carter Ham, United States General
- Carter Oosterhouse, American television personality and model,
- Carter Brown,
- Carter MacIntyre, American actor, best
- Carter B. Magruder, United States Army general
- Carter Bays is an American television screenwriter.
- Carter Davis characterized the central character of Carter in 1999 flick Speedy Boys.
- In 1917 drama movie, Cy Whittaker's Ward, Carter B. Harkness played Richard Thomas.
- Carter Laws, from horror flick Red Light, who portrayed N.
- Carter Doyle played the leading character of N in 2018 drama film Selfies After Dark.
- In 2013 biography and comedy film, Carterboy, Carter Nelson characterized Carter Nelson.
Lists having Carter
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Car
- Boy names that ends with -ter
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Cart