Charlene meaning and origin
Cherished and Perennial unisex name Charlene is used notably in English, Finnish, Norwegian, French, Swedish and Danish, meaning of Charlene is "Little and Womanly, Manly, Female Version of Charles, Carl, Strong, Free Man or Small Beauty" is rooted from Old High German and Germanic. Charlene is variant form of persistent and preeminent Caroline. Caroline is a variation of cherished and evergreen Coralie. Caroline is derivation of Charles. Also Caroline is a derivative of Charlotte. Caroline is Danish cognate of Carolina. Of Germanic and Old High German origin, Admired and Venerable Caroline, Caroline means "Little and Womanly, Joy and Vigorous". Charlene is a variant of famous and perennial Charlotte. Charlotte is version of imperishable and desirable Caroline. Charlotte is feminine of Charles or. Charlotte is equivalent of Charlot in French language. Eminent and All time favorite Charlotte's origin is Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Charlotte is "Feminine of Charles, Vigorous and Little and Womanly". Charlene is a variant form of widespread Sharlene. Sharlene is variant form of noteworthy and enduring Carol. Also Sharlene is a variant of prevalent and evergreen Caroline. Sharlene is also version of imperishable and pleasing Charlotte. Sharlene is spelling variant of Charlene. Widespread and All time favorite Sharlene has its origin in Germanic and English languages, Sharlene means "Man, Little and Womanly and Carl" is used in English. Charlene is equivalent of Charline in English language.
Variants of Charlene
View middle names that goes with Charlene like Renee, Suzanne, Isidore, Kylee, Deanna, Earnestine,Names that rhyme with Charlene
Popularity of Charlene
Charlene was among the popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1888 around 133319 babies have been given the first name. When at the peak of its usage in 1949, the moniker grabbed the 100th spot and 3543 baby girls were given the name. However after 171 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 1 times
Charlene is common in Ireland where over 1100 new-borns have been given the name since 1976. When at the peak of its usage in 1988, the moniker grabbed the 52nd spot and 136 baby girls were given the name. Charlene is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 410 on girl names chart when 78 babies were given the name Charlene. There are over 675 babies that have been given the name Charlene in England and Wales. Also, in France, in just 9 years, it has made it to the top 800 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 760 on girl names chart when 70 babies were named Charlene. Over 251 people have been named Charlene in France.
Charlene is an uncommon baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. But Charlene is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 5000 have the name as well as in, South Africa, Canada, DR Congo, Brazil and England. At least, 310000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Charlene in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Charlene
You are known by your elegant style because you spend a lot of time on buying clothes and keep up with fashion. You have no enemies. People admire your spirit. If you have things to be handled, you handle them right away, without much waiting. Having number 11 as your soul urge no symbolizes your wandering nature. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions.
Parents who liked Charlene, loved these names
- Isabella - Used dominantly in Scandinavian and Old Danish eternal and famed, Isabella means "Variant of Elizabeth, God Protects My House or God is Perfection" and came from Hebrew is used as a gender insensitive name . On baby girl names chart, noteworthy Isabella ranked 4 in year 2018 in United States
- Elmer - The widespread and all time favorite unisex name Elmer means "Highborn or Renowned or Noble" and is used in Swedish, English and Norwegian is originated from Old English and Old High German
- Christine - Eminent and Venerable unisex name Christine came from Latin prevalently used in English, Norwegian and Swedish languages, meaning of Christine is "Follower of Christ, The Anointed One or Christian Faith"
- Edward - Dominant and Ceaseless German and Old English Edward means "Wealthy Guardian, Wealthy Protector or Guardian of Prosperity", a unisex name is used notably in English, Polish and Icelandic
- Audrey - Fashinable Rising and Prominent unisex name Audrey is used in Swedish, Danish and Finnish has its roots in Germanic and Old English, Audrey means "Power, High or Royal or Honorable"
Namesakes of Charlene
- Charlene Mitchell, African-American international socialist, feminist
- Charlene Gallego,
- Charlene P. Kammerer, Bishop in The United Methodist Church
- Charlene Tilton, American actress and singer
- Charlene Choi, Hong Kong-Canadian actress and singer
- Charlene Barshefsky, served as United States Trade Representative
- Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken, Dutch-English businesswoman and the owner of a 25% controlling interest
- Charlene Gonzales, Filipino actress
- Charlene, Charlene
- Charlene Spretnak, American author
- Charlene Teters, Native American artist, educator, and lecturer
- Charlene Morett, member of the Women's National Team that won the bronze medal at the 1984 Summer Olympics
- Charlene Drew Jarvis, American educator and former scientific researcher and politician
- Charlene Wong, Canadian former competitive figure skater
- Charlene Johnson, Canadian former politician
- Charlene Hart in 50 Shocking Facts About Diet + Exercise as
- Charlene Fenn in Episode #1.259 as Actress
- Charlene Brooks in Tap Day for Kitty as Actress
- Charlene Akira in Handies as Actress
- Charlene Hall in Shattered as Actress
- Charlene Nelson in The Last Starfighter as Actress
- Charlene Luedke in Rogue Time as Actress
- Charlene Durrant in as
- Charlene Brandt in Bait as Actress
- Charlene Jones played the central character of Pearl Lushcomb in 1970 comedy, sci-fi movie The Curious Female.
- In 1937, Charlene Wyatt played the role of Lily O'Halloran in drama movie Michael O'Halloran.
- Charlene Sashuk, from 1998 adventure and family movie T-Rex: Back to the Cretaceous, who characterized the Jesse Hayden.
- In 2018 comedy, drama film, Madness, Farewell, Charlene deGuzman portrayed Liza Ocampo.
Lists having Charlene
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Charl
- Girl names that ends with -lene
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1949)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1989)
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Womanly
- Baby Names that mean Manly
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Strong
- Baby Names that mean Free
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Small
- Baby Names that mean Beauty
- Baby Names that mean Husband
- Baby Names that mean Army