Cindy name meaning
What does Cindy mean?
The well-known and ever lasting unisex name Cindy means "Moon, Little Ash-girl, From, Woman from the Mountain Kynthos on Delos Island or Way" used notably in Latin, English, Dutch, Greenlandic, Danish, Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian is originated from Old Greek, German and French languages.. Cindy is diminutive of Cinderella. Cinderella is form of Cendrillon Derived from French Cendre = Cinders in English language. Eminent and Ever lasting Cinderella's origin is French, meaning of Cinderella is "Little Cinders, Little Cinder Girl and Cendre". Cindy is English equivalent of Cynthia.. Also Cindy is English equivalent of Lucinda. It is celebrated on December 25th.
How Cindy is perceived as a baby name?
Cindy is a popular and adorable name for baby girls that has been used since the early 20th century. It is derived from the Latin name Cynthia, which means "from Mount Kynthos" and "light." The name Cindy has a certain charm and sweetness that makes it stand out from other names. It is often associated with people who are creative, imaginative, and have a positive outlook on life. The unique spelling of this name with the letter 'C' rather than 'S' also adds to its distinctiveness. Overall, Cindy is a wonderful choice for parents seeking a cute yet meaningful name for their baby girl.
How do I pronounce Cindy?
ci(n)-dy is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Cindy.
Variants of Cindy
Kynthia, Cendy, Cindelle, Cindylee, Cynthia, Cinderella, Lucinda, Cindea, Cintia, Cindel, Cendrillon, Lucia, Lucilla, Lucianus, Lucius, Lucy, Alcinda, LucindeNames that rhyme with Cindy
How popular is the name Cindy?
Cindy was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 257172 babies have been named Cindy since 1886. At the peak of its usage in 1957, it ranked 19th when 20258 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 167 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 9 times Also, a popular name in France with over 64070 new-borns have been given the name since 1957. At its zenith in 1984, it ranked 21st when 3666 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 17 times
Cindy used to be a common name in Belgium, first appeared in 1995 and over 684 babies have been given the name in 17 years. When at its peak in 1995,. After 17 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, In New South Wales, Cindy was once a common name since emerging in 1964 it has been given to over 1005 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1973,. After 10 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Cindy is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1996, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 974 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Cindy. Over 450 people have been named Cindy in England and Wales. Cindy is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 1972 and achieved its top ranking of 386 in 1985.
But Cindy is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in, Philippines, Netherlands, Mexico, South Africa, Indonesia, Australia, Ghana, Costa Rica, Malaysia, England, Chad, Germany, Peru, Ecuador, Kenya, Guatemala, China, Chile and Honduras. According to our estimate, over 940000 babies have been named Cindy globally.
Cindy in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Cindy?
You are a risk taker because you know that in order to get something, you need to give something in return. You prefer to handle things alone. This reflects your self-confidence and self-reliance. When it comes to life goals, you dream big, meaning you are ambitious and self-confident. You do the things other people are scared of. Some admire you for it. Sometimes, you act selfishly. You are curious and driven by your wish to invent new things and solutions.
Go through the following names similar to Cindy
- Lucian - Loved and Evergreen unisex name Lucian is majorly used in English, Norwegian and Finnish which came from Old Greek and Latin, meaning of Lucian is "Form of Luke, Daylight Babies or Shining"
- Constant - Outlandish Constants origin is Latin, meaning of Constant is "Perseverance or The Elements Constare Meaning to Withstand" is a gender insensitive name is used mostly in English and French
- Gelsey - Primarily used in English unusual, Gelsey means "A Flower or Jasmine" and is bestowed upon baby girls is originated from Latin
- Russel - Widespread and Perpetual Russel has its origin in Latin and Old French languages is used as a gender-neutral name, Russel means "Russet or Rufus" is specifically used in Scottish and English
- Gentile - Meaning of Gentile is A Foreigner Or Heathen has its origin in Latin used predominantly in English is bestowed upon baby boys
Sibling Names for Cindy
Looking for the perfect name for your little bundle of joy? If you've decided on the name Cindy, you might be searching for sibling names that complement it. To help inspire you, we've put together a list of some great names that go well with Cindy. Whether you're looking for traditional or modern options, there's something on this list to suit every taste. Read on to discover our top picks!
Names for Cindy's sister
Names for Cindy's brother
Famous people named Cindy
- Cindy Hsu, Chinese American television news reporter and anchor at WCBS-TV
- Cindy Pan, Australian general practitioner
- Cindy Chupack, screenwriter and film director
- Cindy Shelley, English actress
- Cindy Werley, former Olympic field hockey forward
- Cindy Preszler, broadcast meteorologist for WeatherSTL.com
- Cindy Garrison, outdoors guide and host of the ESPN Outdoors program
- Cindy Kolodziejski, contemporary ceramic artist living and working
- Cindy Daniel, Québécois singer
- Cindy Duehring, American activist and researcher
- Cindy Dolenc, Canadian actress
- Cindy Ninos, Greek skeleton racer
- Cindy Crawford, American model and actress
- Cindy Birdsong, American singer
- Cindy Cashdollar, American non-pedal steel guitar and Dobro musician
- Cindy Eadie, Canadian softball third baseman and hockey goaltender
- Cindy Pickett, American actress
- Cindy Walker, American songwriter
- Cindy Wilson, American singer, and is one of the vocalists
- Cindy Williams, American actress best
- Cindy Margolis, American glamor spokesmodel and actress
- Cindy Morgan, American actress best
- Cindy Fabre, French beauty queen
- Cindy Nicholas, long distance swimmer and a politician in Ontario
- Cindy Bishop, pageant titleholder
- Cindy Herron, American singer–songwriter, model and actress
- Cindy Sheehan, American anti-war activist, whose son
- Cindy Sherman, American photographer and film director
- Cindy Blackman Santana, American jazz and rock drummer
- Cindy Taylor, Paraguayan actress, TV host and model
- Cindy Blodgett, former collegiate and professional basketball player
- Cindy Carol, American actress
- Cindy Breakspeare, Canadian-Jamaican jazz singer
- Cindy Kurleto, model, actress
- Cindy Klassen, Canadian retired long track speed skater
- Cindy Guyer, American model, actress and restaurateur
- Cindy Jackson, aesthetic consultant
- Cindy Parlow Cone, former head coach for Portland Thorns FC
- Cindy Cohn, American civil liberties attorney specializing
- Cindy Nelson, is former World Cup alpine ski racer
- Cindy O'Callaghan, Irish-born British former actress
- Cindy Phillips, professional female bodybuilder from Nova Scotia
- Cindy McCain, American businesswoman
- Cindy Chavez, American politician
- Cindy Stein, current head women's basketball coach at Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Cindy Ady, member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta
- Cindy Robinson, American voice actress who voices in anime
- Cindy Cheung, American actress of Chinese descent
- Cindy Davis, retired professional American Bicycle Motocross racer whose prime competitive years were from
- Cindy Morgan, contemporary Christian music singer and songwriter
- Cindy Hendy in Partners in Crime as
- Cindy Rucker Trost in Road to Osiris as Actress
- Cindy Brown in Playboy Wet & Wild: Hot Holidays as
- Cindy Clark in Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction as Producer
- Cindy DeVore in Grease as Actress
- Cindy Fulsom in Cindy Fulsom Does Hardcore as Actress
- Cindy West in The Switch or How to Alter Your Ego as Actress
- Cindy Eileen Johnson in Speak No Evil as Actress
- Cindy Lehre in The Adventures of Ford Fairlane as Actress
- Cindy Busby is a Canadian film and television actress.
- Cindy Alexandrowiz played the central character of Mystery Gril in 1997 horror flick Blood Runs Black.
- In 1975, Cindy Boudreau played the role of Ginny and Jane Tennay in action flick The Immoral Three.
- In 2011 biography and documentary film, Chasing Miracles, Cindy Butler portrayed N.
- In 1989 sci-fi flick, Games of Survival, Cindy Coatman characterized Cindy.
- In 1973 action, drama film, The Black 6, Cindy Daly characterized Jenny King.
- Cindy Donlan, from 1982 action and comedy flick Runaway Nightmare, who characterized Hesperia.
- In 1998 movie, LiteWeight, Cindy Costner portrayed Rosa.
- Cindy Tyler played critical character of N in 1962 comedy, fantasy flick Like Wow!.
- In 2000 comedy, drama movie, Low Self-Esteem Girl, Cindy Wolfe characterized Cindy.
- Cindy David played central role of Leo in 2003 drama movie Demi-tarif.
- Cindy Sirinya Bishop characterized the crucial character of Maria De Torres in 2005 adventure, drama film The King Maker.
- In 2009 comedy flick, Adopted, Cindy Gold portrayed Cindy Iglesias.
- Cindy Wheeler characterized small character of Professor Mallory in 2014 horror, thriller movie Camp Blood First Slaughter.
Lists having Cindy
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1973)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1999)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (1996)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1976)
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Ash
- Baby Names that mean girl
- Baby Names that mean Fairy
- Baby Names that mean Heroine
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Mountain
- Baby Names that mean Island