Corine name meaning
On This Page
What does Corine mean?
Celebrated and All time favorite unisex name Corine means "Greek Poetess" and is especially used in French and English is rooted from Greek and Old Greek languages. Corine is a form of commonly accepted and perennial Cora.
Cora is variant form of Names Beginning with Cor-/Kor-. Cora is derivative of Corey. Cora is short of Cordula. Cora is equivalent of The Greek Name Κορη in Latin language. Dominant and Ceaseless Germanic, Latin and German Cora, meaning of Cora is "Virgin Girl and Cordelia".
Corine is celebrated on May 18th.
How do I pronounce Corine?
The most common way to pronounce three syllabled Corine is c(o)-ri-ne.
Variants of Corine
How popular is the name Corine?
Corine was a popular name in France. Over 17129 babies have been given the moniker in 70 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1967, it ranked 67th when 1231 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
After 70 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 12 times Corine is common in United States where over 14537 new-borns have been given the name since 1880.
At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1910, 376 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 308th position. Moreover, the name has been to
But Corine is a popular baby name in Central African Republic where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Netherlands.
At least, 50000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Corine in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Corine
You are undoubtedly a born leader. You should avoid treating other people like you are better than them. When it comes to professional progress, you like to keep your focus on one thing at the time. You have a strong will to succeed in life. You are born to be a businessman, politician, manage your own business or some other position that requires leadership, warrior spirit, taking risks, and daring yourself to do more.
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Corine
- Circé - The Circé means "Hawk" has origin in Greek
- Sophie - Specifically used in Swedish and Tamil long standing and lofty, Sophie came from Old Greek, meaning of Sophie is "Wisdom or Skill" is aimed at both boys and girls
- Jonas - The widely accepted and all time favorite unisex name Jonas means "Dove or The Dove" and is predominantly used in English and Norwegian is of Hebrew origin
- Kalya - Odd unisex name Kalya is used predominantly in Marathi, Tamil and Russian which originated from Old Greek, meaning of Kalya is "Pleasant or Praise"
- Ermo - Used principally in Swedish and Italian everlasting and prevalent, Ermo has its origin in Old Greek and Germanic is a boy name. Ermo is Finnish equivalent of Herman
Middle names for Corine
Possible options for a child named Corine include these mainstream and charming middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Corine.
Sibling Names for Corine
If you're considering the name Corine for your little one, you might want to explore some potential sibling names that complement it well. To give you a few ideas, here are some options ranging from classic to unique that could pair nicely with Corine.
Names for Corine's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Corine
- Corine Christensen,
- Corine Hegland, Washington DC based journalist
- Corine Rottschäfer, model and beauty queen
- Corine Dorland, From 1996 to 2006 she was also an accomplished Mountain Bike Cyclo-cross and Road Bike racer
- Corine Mauch is the elected mayor of Zürich, Switzerland.
- Actor Corine Blue, known for movie House of Boys
- In 1985 comedy movie, Le cowboy, Corine Lorain characterized Olga.
Lists having Corine
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -rine
- Boy names that starts with Cor
- Popular Girl Names in France (1971)
- Baby Names that mean Greek