Cornelia name meaning
What does Cornelia mean?
Loved and Ever lasting unisex name Cornelia means "Horn, Raven or War Horn", used principally in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Italian and German has its origin in Latin language. Cornelia is resulted from Corneille. Corneille is variant of widespread and conifer Cornell. Used mainly in French widespread and conifer, Corneille is originated from Old French and Latin, Corneille means "Raven and Horn". Cornelia is feminine variant of Cornelius. Cornelius is derivative of Corneille. Prevailing and All time favorite Cornelius has its origin in Latin language, Cornelius means "Strong Willed, Like a Horn and Raven". It is celebrated on September 16th.
Does Cornelia work as a baby name?
Cornelia is a unique and elegant name for a baby girl that exudes sophistication and class. Its Latin origin gives it a timeless quality that will stand the test of time. The name has a strong connection to nature, as it means "horn", which may appeal to parents who love or work with animals. Cornelia also has an air of strength and resilience, making it an excellent choice for parents hoping to raise confident daughters who can handle any challenge that comes their way. Additionally, Cornelia is not an overly common name, so your child will likely be the only one with this name in her class or group of friends, giving her a sense of individuality and uniqueness.
How do I pronounce Cornelia?
c(o)-rne-lia is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Cornelia. cor-nelia is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Cornelia
Cornelius, Carnelia, Cornelie, Conny, Conrad, Canny, Cornelio, Cornell, Coen, KonradNames that rhyme with Cornelia
How popular is the name Cornelia?
A common name in United States with over 21789 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At present the name is rising, in 1880, it ranked 147th when 477 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the moniker has been in Also, Cornelia was a common name in Sweden. Over 1925 babies have been named Cornelia since 1998. When at its peak in 2006,. After 9 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Cornelia is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 166 on girl names chart when 83 babies were given the name Cornelia. There are over 348 babies that have been given the name Cornelia in Netherlands. Cornelia is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1901 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 734 on girl names chart when 38 babies were named Cornelia. Over 457 babies in France have been named Cornelia.
Cornelia is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 155 babies that have been given the name Cornelia in England and Wales. In Ireland, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1964. However things change on global perspective, Cornelia is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 500 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in South Africa, Switzerland, Romania, Philippines, Austria and Mexico. According to our evaluation, at least 390000 people have been bestowed Cornelia around the globe.
Cornelia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Cornelia?
You are triggered by things that seem impossible to do or accomplish because to you, nothing's impossible. Having letter A as your capstone in your name represents the independent and carefree life you are living. Competing with people won't bring you much but, compete with yourself will make you better than you were yesterday. Nothing can change your mind about something if you truly believe you are the one that's right.
Do you like Cornelia? Other names you would love
- Clarine - Famed Clarine came from Latin is used in English, Swedish and Danish, meaning of Clarine is "Most Illustrious" is used as a baby girl name
- Clemmie - Meaning of Clemmie is Indulgent or Giving Mercy has its origin in Latin used principally in English is bestowed upon both boys and girls
- Felicjan means The Successful, Lucky Happy Successful and The Lucky is a baby boy name and rooted from Latin is used in Polish. Felicjan is derivative of Felicianus.
- Leny - Used mostly in German unusual, Leny means "Lion or Strong or Shining" has its origin in Old Greek and Latin is aimed at both genders
- Suniva - Girl name Suniva means "Radiant or Gift of the Sun" is of Latin origin
Middle names for Cornelia
These are some of the famous and familiar options for Cornelia middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Cornelia.
Sibling Names for Cornelia
Looking for the perfect sibling names to match with baby girl name "Cornelia"? Look no further! We've gathered a list of strong and stylish names that will complement Cornelia's classic charm. From traditional to modern, these names are sure to inspire.
For a sister
Brother to Cornelia
Famous people named Cornelia
- Cornelia Hoogland, Canadian poet
- Cornelia Metella, daughter of Quintus Caecilius Metellus Pius Scipio Nasica
- Cornelia Africana, second daughter of Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus
- Cornelia, Cornelia married Quintus Pompeius Rufus
- Cornelia Froboess, German actress and a teen idol of the 1950s and early 1960s
- Cornelia B. Wilbur, American psychiatrist
- Cornelia Oschkenat, German former track and field athlete
- Cornelia Connelly, American-born foundress of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus
- Cornelia Behm, German politician and member of Alliance '90/The Greens
- Cornelia Clark, justice of the Tennessee Supreme Court
- Cornelia Ullrich, retired East German hurdler
- Cornelia Clapp, American zoologist and academic specializing
- Cornelia Pfohl, Olympic Archer
- Cornelia Frances, English-Australian actress
- Cornelia Hancock, celebrated volunteer nurse
- Cornelia Otis Skinner, American author and actress
- Cornelia Funke, German author of children's fiction
- Cornelia Adele Strong Fassett, American painter
- Cornelia Oberlander, Canadian landscape architect based in Vancouver
- Cornelia Parker, English visual artist
- Cornelia Barns, American feminist, socialist
- Cornelia Fort, United States aviator
- Cornelia Knight, English gentlewoman, traveler, landscape artist, and writer of novels
- Cornelia Salonina, 'Augusta' of the Roman Empire
- Cornelia Meigs, American writer of fiction and biography for children
- Cornelia, first wife of Caesar
- Cornelia Sirch, former backstroke swimmer
- Cornelia Sorabji, Indian woman
- Cornelia Pieper, German politician of the liberal Free Democratic Party
- Cornelia MacIntyre Foley, American painter from Hawaii
- Cornelia Moore in An Eye for an Eye as Producer
- Cornelia Gröschel in Die Schöne und das Biest as Actress
- Cornelia Livingston in Sleepwalking as Actress
- Cornelia Hayes O'Herlihy in Gods and Monsters as Actress
- Cornelia Ivancan in The Fifth Estate as Actress
- Cornelia Guest in I Know Who Killed Me as Actress
- Actor Cornelia Corba, well-known for tvMiniSeries Der Trotzkopf
- Cornelia Kaupert characterized the vital role of Heidi in 1988 flick In einem Atem.
- Cornelia Kiss, from 1990 movie Final Stage, who portrayed the Editor.
- In 1971, Cornelia Niemann characterized the role of Pila in drama movie Apokal.
- Cornelia Sharpe, from 1975 horror, mystery movie The Reincarnation of Peter Proud, who played Nora Hayes.
- In 1975 drama film, Zidul, Cornelia Pavlovici portrayed Maria, iubita lui Victor Utu.
- Cornelia Agatha portrayed central character of Rini in 1991 drama movie Rini tomboy.
- Cornelia Dörr played the leading character of Tina in 2004 mystery film Agujero.
- Cornelia Albrecht, from 2011 drama film Mörderschwestern, who characterized the Schwester Hanna.
- Cornelia Kupferschmid characterized the critical role of Police officer and Polizistin in 2008 documentary, history film Amok.
Lists having Cornelia
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Cor
- Girl names that ends with -lia
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Horn
- Baby Names that mean Raven
- Baby Names that mean War