Deidre meaning and origin
Popular unisex name Deidre has its origin in Old Irish and Celtic which is used primarily in English language, meaning of Deidre is "Sorrow, Grief, Fear or Raging Woman, Young Girl or Sorrowful". Deidre is a form of prevalent Deirdre. Of Celtic and Old Irish origin, Prevalent Deirdre is used predominantly in English, Irish and Gaelic, Deirdre means "Sorrowful, Woman and Beautiful".
Variants of Deidre
View middle names that goes with Deidre like Ramona, Rhiannon, Geraldine, Lesa, Bernice, Kamryn,Names that rhyme with Deidre
Popularity of Deidre
a popular name in United States with over 14661 new-borns have been given the name since 1933. When at the peak of its usage in 1963, the moniker grabbed the 413rd spot and 542 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 10 times Deidre is an uncommon baby name in Ireland there is very thin chances of it still being given. But Deidre is a popular baby name in South Africa where every 1 in 20000 have the name. As per our findings, over 30000 babies have been bestowed Deidre around the globe.
Here's what numbers has to say about Deidre
Focus on what's important to you rather than focusing on making other people content. Follow your gut, not people. Working solo brings out the best of you but working with others helps you improve your old ideas. Learn how to put your skills and abilities to work and get things done on your own. Your friends are like addicted to you, but your family isn't very happy with how you live your life cause you are restless.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Deidre
- Caoimhe - Prominent Caoimhe came from Celtic and Old Irish is mostly used in English, Scottish and Irish is a girl name, meaning of Caoimhe is "The Word Caomh with the Meaning Fair Comely Gentle or The Handsome"
- Gaïl - Meaning of Gaïl is About 500 Bc Before Our Era, Who Invaded the British Isles or Settled In Wales or The Gaels has its origin in Celtic
- Aydin - Admired Turkish, Old Irish and Celtic Aydin means "Bright or Bright Light" and is used in Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish is a gender-neutral name
- Cinàed - Boy name Cinàed means "Born of Fire" came from Celtic
- Tudy - Of Celtic origin, Unexpected Tudy means "People" is aimed at baby girls
Namesakes of Deidre
- Deidre Rubenstein, Australian television and theatre actress
- Deidre Hall, American actress best
- Deidre Downs, American physician and former beauty pageant titleholder
- Deidre Backs in Her as Transportation Department
- Deidre Gillard-Rowlings in Heyday! as Actress
- Deidre Gale in The Little Princess as Actress
- Deidre Moore in My Mansion Is Bigger Than Your Mansion as Actress
- Deidre Madsen in Robin Hood of the Bayous as Actress
- Deidre Brock in The Leaving of Liverpool as Actress
- Deidre Lang in In Living Color's Feedback Line as Actress
- Deidre Hoffman in Loni Anderson as
- Deidre 'Spinderella' Roper in Christy as
- Deidre Holland in Bad Habits as Actress