Dex name meaning
On This Page
What does Dex mean?
Widespread boy name Dex is used particulary in English, Swedish and Finnish, meaning of Dex is "Woman Dyer, Right-handed or One Who Dyes" is of Old English origin. Dex is abridged form of Dexter.
Dexter means Woman Dyer, Right Handed and Dyer has its origin in Old English.
How do I pronounce Dex?
The one syllabled name Dex is pronounced, dex.
Variants of DexNames that rhyme with Dex
How popular is the name Dex?
Dex is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1952 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1985, it ranked 2710th when 43 boys were named Dex.
Over 440 people have been named Dex in United States. Dex is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. Also, Dex is a familiar name in Philippines, DR Congo and Gabon.
At least, 1000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Dex in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Dex?
Office work drives you crazy. This is why you prefer freelance work. Open up if you want to take relationships to the next level and establish a better connection with people. Injustice makes you go crazy. People complain about your coldness. But these are the people that haven't had the chance to know you better. Sometimes you are stubborn and it helps you with your career. You believe that your body is a temple that needs to be taken good care of. And so does the soul.
You would love these names similar to Dex
- Othmar - Used largely in Danish, German and Norwegian uncustomary, Othmar aimed at baby boys, Othmar means "Wealth or Possession" is of Germanic and Old High German origin
- Eilert - Largely used in Swedish and Norwegian uncustomary, Eilert is used as a boy name, meaning of Eilert is "Sword Tip or Hard" is of Germanic origin
- Dela - Meaning of Dela is Of Noble Figure, Honorable and Soft used for both boys and girls used in Swedish, Finnish and Romanian is of Old Greek origin. Dela is abridged form of Adele.
- Alwina - Originated from Germanic, Old English and Old High German, Popular and Rooted Alwina means "Friend, Honorable or Noble" and is majorly used in Norwegian, Finnish and Swedish is used mainly as a baby girl name
- Pavi means Lighting or Write is used in Hindi and Finnish is used as a gender insensitive name
Sibling Names for Dex
Looking for the perfect name to complement your baby boy's lively and adventurous personality? Look no further than Dex, a name that exudes strength, energy and individuality. Here's a list of sibling names to consider that will perfectly match Dex's spirited nature.
Sister for Dex
Brother for Dex
Famous people named Dex
- Dex Elmont, Dutch judoka
- Dexter Tucker in Money Talks as Actor
- Dexter Fletcher in Miami Vice as Actor
Lists having Dex
- Boy names beginning with D
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Right
- Baby Names that mean One