Dollie meaning and origin
Noteworthy and Ceaseless Dollie's origin is Old Greek and Germanic is used mostly in Swedish and English, meaning of Dollie is "Gift of God, Sorrows or Variant of the Greek Dorothy" is a unisex name . Dollie is variation of biblical and famed Dorothy. Dorothy is variant form of biblical and enduring Dorothea. Dorothy is form of Dorothea in English language. Illustrous and Evergreen Dorothy's origin is Old Greek, meaning of Dorothy is "Gift of God, Gift and God and Gift". Dollie is form of commonly accepted and ever lasting Dahlia. Commonly Accepted and Ever lasting Dahlia is originated from Germanic and German languages, Dahlia means "Flower Name, Valley and Dahlia". Dollie is form of prominent, ceaseless and biblical Dolly. Dolly is resulted from Dolorès. Dolly is form of Dorothy in English language. Also Dolly is Swedish cognate of Dolores. Dolly means Divine Gift, Pet Form of Dorthea and Dolores and Like Doll is originated from Latin, Spanish and Old Greek.
Variants of Dollie
Dollye, Dahlia, Dolly, Dorothy, Dahiana, Dalla, Dorotheos, Dolores, Dol, Doly, Dolitta, Dorothea, Darthy, Doll, Dorine, Dahianna, Dale, Addolorata, Lora, Dorathea, Doris, Dorotheus, Darrthy, Doriene, Dora
View middle names that goes with Dollie like Kristen, Cassandra, Lyda, Bryn, Janette, Catherine,Names that rhyme with Dollie
Popularity of Dollie
Dollie is common in United States where over 19216 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1881, it ranked 151st when 454 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the given name has been in In England and Wales, Dollie is a unique name where it has been in use since 2005 and has secured the place in top 800 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 791 on girl names chart when 48 babies were named Dollie. There are over 318 babies that have been given the name Dollie in England and Wales.
Also, Dollie is a familiar name in South Africa, Philippines, Papua New Guinea and DR Congo. As per our research, over 10000 babies have been bestowed Dollie around the globe.
What numerology tells about Dollie?
You don't want to do to others what you don't want to experience yourself. You practically sabotage your own career with self-doubt and worry. You've come across many backstabbers in your life, so you can recognize when you see one. If letter E is your capstone, it reveals your dominant character. You lack responsibility and commitment. You are not much into hanging around and wasting time with people.
Other names similar to Dollie, for would be parents
- Eugénia is originated from Greek, Eugénia means "Noble Race"
- Tifany - Tifany's meaning is Gods Incarnate or God or Luminous used for baby girls has its origin in Greek and Old Greek is mainly used in English
- Pierson - Uncommon unisex name Pierson is originated from Old Greek and English, used substantially in English language, meaning of Pierson is "Form of Piers from Peter or A Rock"
- Darren - Widely Accepted unisex name Darren means "Greta, Presumably Inspired By a Family Name or Oak Tree" which is used particulary in Marathi and Tamil has its origin in English, Irish and Old Greek languages
- Ann - Ann's meaning is He (God) Was Gracious or Form of Anna used for both genders which is used largely in Greenlandic and Danish is originated from Germanic, Old Greek and English
Namesakes of Dollie
- Dollie Radford, English poet and writer
- Dollie Darko in The Destruction of Bonnie Rotten as Actress