Ebrahim meaning and origin
Origin of Unwonted Ebrahim is in Hebrew, meaning of Ebrahim is "Father of Many or Abraham" and is principally used in Arabic and Iranian is used for baby boys. Ebrahim is version of biblical, ceaseless and pleasing Abraham. Abraham is variant form of Avraham. Abraham is form of The Hebrew Name אַבְרָהָם Meaning Father of a Multitude   in Latin language. Abraham's meaning is Father of a Multitude, Father of Many and Father of Nations came from Hebrew.
Variants of EbrahimNames that rhyme with Ebrahim
Popularity of Ebrahim
Ebrahim is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1981 and was able to reach the top 4000 names. Recently in 2016, it ranked 3202nd when 35 boys were named Ebrahim. Over 448 people have been named Ebrahim in United States. Ebrahim is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 900. There are over 297 babies that have been given the name Ebrahim in England and Wales. Also, it appeared first time in 1982 on baby boy names list of France.
However things change on global perspective, Ebrahim is extremely popular in Iran where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Ethiopia, Egypt, Bahrain, Bangladesh, India, Philippines, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and Sudan. At least, 640000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Ebrahim in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Ebrahim?
You often get involved with people who have a hard time to express how they actually feel. Explore yourself more. You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. You are deeply related to the 5 senses. It's time you set up a positive mind-set, open up to new adventures and explore the world. Find someone who's into adventures, so you can enjoy life more. At work, you are often seen as the control freak that has everything done in the said time and date.
Other names similar to Ebrahim
- Pinkal is used in Malayalam, Gujarati and Tamil, Pinkal means "Mindless" is used as a boy name
- Quasim - Principally used in Gujarati and Arabic unheard-of, Quasim is originated from Arabic and is used for boys, meaning of Quasim is "Old Generation"
- Sajni - Used prevalently in Hindi, Oriya and Tamil far-out, Sajni means "Beloved or One who is Dearly Loved" and is used for baby girls has origin in Sanskrit
- Farkhandah - Girl name Farkhandah means "Happy or Lucky" is notably used in Sindhi and Arabic
- Parvin - Used particulary in Tamil and Arabic rarefied, Parvin means "Cluster of Stars or Star". Its origin is in Old Persian is a gender-neutral name
Namesakes of Ebrahim
- Ebrahim Yazdi, Iranian politician and diplomat
- Ebrahim Nabavi, prolific Iranian satirist, writer, diarist
- Ebrahim Hakimi, Iranian statesman
- Ebrahim Pourdavoud, reputable merchant and landlord
- Ebrahim Asgharzadeh, Iranian political activist and politician
- Ebrahim Victory,
- Ebrahim Desai, prominent South African Mufti of Indian origin- and a teacher of Islamic law
- Ebrahim Mirzapour, retired Iranian football goalkeeper
- Ebrahim Golestan, Iranian filmmaker and literary figure with a career spanning half a century
- Ebrahim Maka, wicket-keeper
- Ebrahim Rasool, South African politician
- Ebrahim Al-Arrayedh, Bahraini writer and poet
- Ebrahim Hatamikia, Iranian screenwriter and film director
- Ebrahim Asadi, Free Agent
- Ebrahim Taghipour, retired Iranian football player
- Ebrahim Ghasempour, Iranian association football coach and retired player
- Ebrahim Sadeghi, retired Iranian footballer
- Ebrahim Daoud Nonoo, Bahraini Businessman and a former member of the National Assembly of Bahrain
- Ebrahim Amini, Iranian politician in the Assembly of Experts
- Ebrahim Alkazi, Indian theatre director and drama teacher
- Ebrahim Sulaiman Sait, Indian politician, former Member of parliament
- Ebrahim Al Mishkhas, Bahraini football defender
- Ebrahim Abadi in movie Apartment No.13 as Actor
- In 1953 movie, Peyvande zendegi, Ebrahim Moradi played N.
- Ebrahim Naderi characterized the key character of N in 1969 drama, romance film Eshgh-e koli.
- Ebrahim Al-Ghanim, from 2006 drama film A Bahraini Tale, who portrayed Tickets Man.
- In 1949 adventure and comedy movie, Vareite bahari, Ebrahim Kushan characterized N.
- Ebrahim Fakhar characterized critical role of N in 1971 crime and drama flick Shater Abbas.