Elen name meaning
What does Elen mean?
Used especially in Finnish, Armenian, Sami, Danish, Swedish, English, Welsh and Norwegian unusual, Elen means "Shining, Brightness, Nymph, Moon Elope, Moon or Burst of the Sun" is of Old Provençal and Old Greek origin is used for baby girls. Elen is variant form of long standing and eminent Ellen. Ellen is variant form of HelenHelen. Also Ellen is variant form of timeless and noteworthy Eleonora. Ellen is also a variation of Its Variants. Ellen is also form of everlasting and renowned Helene. Ellen is also variant of well-known and conifer Gabriella. Ellen is equivalent of Helene in English language. Also Ellen is Norwegian cognate of Ellend. Ellen means Brightness and Moon Elope is originated from Old Greek and Old Provençal. Elen is a version of desirable and ever lasting Elin. Elin is variant of famous and enduring Eileen. Also Elin is a variation of well-liked and evergreen Ellen. Elin is also a version of desirable and perennial Helen. Elin is Nordic form of Helene. Also Elin is Nordic equivalent of Elina. Elin means Shining, Angel and The Torch is rooted from Welsh, Old French and Old Greek. Elen is variant form of long standing and acclaimed Eleanor. Eleanor is derivative of Helen. Eleanor is English equivalent of Eleonora. Offbeat Eleanor's origin is Old Greek and Old Provençal, meaning of Eleanor is "Foreign, Bright One Shining One and Light". Elen is variation of everlasting and well-liked Helen. Helen is English equivalent of Helene. Helen means Basket and Wicker is originated from Old Greek and English.
What do we think of Elen as a name for a newborn?
The name Elen has a Welsh origin and means "nymph." It is a unique name that may stand out compared to more common names given to newborn girls. The name's meaning invokes images of nature and mythical beings, which could appeal to parents who prefer names with symbolism. Ultimately, the choice of name for a newborn girl is highly personal and depends on individual preferences. As long as the name makes the parents happy and reflects their values and aspirations for their child's future, it can be an excellent choice.
How do I pronounce Elen?
e-len is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Elen.
Variants of Elen
Ehlen, Eleanor, Ellen, Helen, Elin, Alienor, Eleonora, Aleanor, Aline, Helene, Gabriella, Ellend, Eline, Maryellen, Ellenmarie, Eileen, Elle, Leona, Ilene, Helenmarie, Elina, Eliana
View middle names that goes with Elen like Maelynn, Rinn, Nuan, Alid, Catrin,Names that rhyme with Elen
How popular is the name Elen?
Elen is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 625 on girl names chart when 41 babies were named Elen. Over 616 babies in England and Wales have been named Elen. Also, in France, it has been in use since 1972 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1981, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 631 on girl names chart when 37 babies were named Elen. Over 604 people have been named Elen in France.
Elen is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1911 but could not make beyond the top 2000. There are over 336 babies that have been given the name Elen in United States. But Elen is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 8000 have the name as well as in Indonesia. At least, 60000 people globally have carried Elen as their given name according to our research.
Elen in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Elen?
You have to enjoy your solitude more and hanging around less. Besides being hard-working by nature, you are also independent and like to handle things your way. You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. Having number 1 as your soul urge no reveals your deep desire to prove yourself to other people and acquire their acceptance. You can't imagine enjoying a normal life like many people do.
Parents who liked Elen, loved these names
- Demy - The odd girl name Demy is rooted from French and Old Greek, Demy means "Dedicated to Demeter" is used notably in English and Dutch
- Oanell - Meaning of Oanell is Pure or Lamb is used principally in Breton has its origin in Greek
- Annemone - The girl name Annemone is of Greek origin, Annemone means "Wind" is used majorly in Finnish and Danish languages
- Pennee - Uncustomary Pennee dominantly is used in English is a baby girl name has its roots in Old Greek, meaning of Pennee is "White Shoulder and Fionnula". Pennee is short of Penelope.
- Leno - Unconventional unisex name Leno means "Splash of the Sun" is rooted from Greek, Germanic and Native languages
Sibling Names for Elen
If you're considering the name Elen for your little one, you might also be wondering what other names would complement it perfectly. Look no further! Here are some great options for sibling names that pair well with Elen, whether you're looking to match sounds, styles, or meanings.
Names for Elen's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Elen
- Elen Mon Wayne, singer and actress
- Saint Elen, late 4th-century founder of churches in Wales
- Elen ferch Llywelyn, daughter of Llywelyn the Great of Gwynedd
- Elena Proklova in Mimino as Actress
- Elena Jaumandreu in Campanadas a medianoche as Editor
Lists having Elen
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Armenian Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Welsh Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -len
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Brightness
- Baby Names that mean Nymph
- Baby Names that mean Torch
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Elope
- Baby Names that mean Burst
- Baby Names that mean Sun