Ellis name meaning
On This Page
What does Ellis mean?
Predominant and Conifer Welsh, English and Hebrew Ellis means "The Lord is My God, Kind, Form of Elijah, Peaceful Ruler, Eliane, My God is Perfect or My God is Yahweh", used in Welsh, Finnish, Danish, English, Norwegian, Swedish and Gujarati is a unisex name.
. Ellis is version of ever lasting, biblical and outstanding Elisa. Elisa is variation of trendy, eternal and soaring Isabel. Elisa is abridged form of ElisabethElisabeth. Elisa is German cognate of Elisabet.
Also Elisa is Nordic cognate of The Hebrew Name אֱלִישׁוּעַ Meaning My God is Salvation. Elisa's meaning is Consecrated to God Abbreviation of Elisabeth, My God has Sworn and Dedicated to God is of Hebrew origin.
Ellis is form of all time favorite, customary and biblical Elias. Elias is Italian equivalent of Elijah. Elias is also Latin cognate of Ilias. Elias is also form of Helge in Latin language.
Meaning of Elias is My God is Yahweh and The Lord is My God has its origin in Hebrew and English. Ellis is variant of biblical and well-liked Elis. Elis is version of outstanding and biblical Elisa.
Also Elis is variant of perpetual and prevalent Elias. Elis is equivalent of Elias in Swedish language. Elis's meaning is God is My Helper and My God is Yahweh came from Welsh, Scandinavian and Hebrew.
Ellis is variation of biblical and cherished Elijah. Elijah is form of Elias in English language. Illustrous and Perennial Elijah's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Elijah is "Beautyful, Smart and Loving".
Ellis is short version of Elizabeth. Prominent and Ceaseless Elizabeth is originated from Hebrew, Elizabeth means "My God is Abundance, God of Plenty and God is My Oath". Also Ellis is Nordic equivalent of Alice.
How do I pronounce Ellis?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Ellis is e(l)-lis.
Variants of Ellis
Eli, Elias, Elijah, Elisa, Elis, Ali, Eliyahu, Ilias, Helge, Alias, Elia, Ellice, Eelis, Eliot, Elian, Elijahjames, Elisheba, Isabel, Elisabet, Eleesa, Elise, Anaelisa, Alice, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Aliz, Adelice, Lisa, Aleka, Alycia, Alicemarie
Nicknames for Ellis
You can playfully shorten name Ellis with these possible
How popular is the name Ellis?
Ellis is a popular name in United States given to over 46688 babies in 253 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1899, 1099 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 154th position.
In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names an astounding 90 times Also, Ellis was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 16853 babies have been named Ellis since 1996.
At its zenith in 2006, it ranked 77th when 876 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 46 years but still performing better than most of the names.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 18 times
A common name in Belgium having over 580 recievers in 25 years of usage. Presently the name is rising, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 78th spot and 101 baby girls were given the name.
Ellis is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, even after 24 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 400. Over 137 people have been named Ellis in Ireland.
Also, it is uncommon in France, where it has been in use since 2003 and peaked in 2013 when it ranked 2026th. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 882nd.
Ellis is a common name in Ghana, Indonesia, Netherlands, England, Zimbabwe and Brazil while somewhat familiar name in Canada, Papua New Guinea, Denmark, South Africa, Nigeria, Wales, Dominican Republic, Zambia, Trinidad and Tobago, Philippines, Jamaica, Liberia, Malaysia, Scotland, Venezuela, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Panama, Malawi, India, Colombia, Hong Kong and Kenya.
At least, 60000 people globally have been given the name as per our estimate.
Ellis in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Ellis
You believe that your body is a temple that needs to be taken good care of. And so does the soul. Meditation is your thing. In order to earn more, use some of your many talents. Number 3 as an expression number reveals your charm, positive attitude toward life, and contagious smile. You could be a poet because of the original way you express yourself. Replace your comfort zone with adventures and the fear of the unknown with excitement to experience and learn new things.
Go through the following names similar to Ellis
- Kristie - Notably used in Norwegian, Finnish and English loved, Kristie is used as a gender insensitive name which is rooted from Latin, meaning of Kristie is "Christian Woman, Disciple of Christ or Anointed". Dominant name Kristie reached 481st position among girl names in 1992 in United States
- Nikolai - Widely Accepted boy name Nikolai means "Victory of the People" that originated from Old Greek is used chiefly in Greenlandic and Russian
- Jaydon - Commonly Accepted unisex name Jaydon means "Thankful" and is used mostly in English is originated from Hebrew and Spanish languages
- Elton - Loved and Ever lasting unisex name Elton means "Ella's Town or From the Old Estate" which came from Old English is used specifically in English and Danish
- Frederic - Preeminent and Conifer Frederics origin is Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Frederic is "Rich or Power" primarily used in Danish, Swedish and English is bestowed upon baby boys
Sibling Names for Ellis
If you're considering naming your newborn Ellis, you might want to consider naming their siblings something that compliments the name or is similar in style. Here are some suggestions for names that pair well with the name Ellis.
Names for Ellis's sister
Brother for Ellis
Famous people named Ellis
- Ellis Parker Butler, American author
- Ellis O. Knox, Dr
- Ellis Clarke, second and last Governor-General of Trinidad and Tobago and the first President of Trinidad and Tobago
- Ellis Marsalis Sr., Ellis Louis Marsalis Sr
- Ellis Minns, British academic and archaeologist whose studies focused on Eastern Europe
- Ellis R. Kerley, American anthropologist, and pioneer
- Ellis Wynne, Welsh clergyman and author of one of the most important and influential pieces of Welsh language literature
- Ellis Kohs, American composer, theory textbook author
- Ellis Gallagher, is known primarily for chalk drawings made by working with different sources of light and shadows
- Ellis Paul Torrance, American psychologist from Milledgeville, Georgia
- Ellis Cannon, American talk show host
- Ellis Faas, make-up artist whom Vogue Paris has called "one of the most influential make-up artists of her generation"
- Ellis Hume-Williams, British barrister and Conservative Party politician
- Ellis Smith, British Labour Party politician
- Ellis Evans, Welsh scholar and academic
- Ellis Chibuye, boxer from Zambia
- Ellis Ward, American rower and coach best
- Ellis Bent, Deputy Judge Advocate between 1810 and 1815 of the Australian colony of New South Wales
- Ellis Kadoorie, Jewish entrepreneur and philanthropist
- Ellis Wayne Felker, American convicted and executed in 1996
- Ellis Cousens, is Executive Vice President
- Ellis Reynolds Shipp, was one of the first female doctors
- Ellis Ellis-Griffith, British barrister and radical Liberal politician
- Ellis Kinder, American Major League Baseball pitcher with the St
- Ellis Henican, American columnist at 'Newsday' and AM New York as well as a political analyst on the Fox News Channel
- Ellis Burks, former outfielder
- Ellis Arnall, American politician
- Ellis Wellwood Sifton, Canadian soldier
- Ellis Ashmead-Bartlett, English war correspondent during the First World War
- Ellis Amburn, American book editor and biographer
- Ellis Ashmead-Bartlett, American-born British Conservative politician
- Ellis Marsalis Jr., Ellis Louis Marsalis Jr
- Ellis Achong, sportsman
- Ellis Rowan, well-known Australian artist and botanical illustrator
- Ellis Hobbs, former American football cornerback
- Ellis Hollins, British Soap Award-winning actor
- Ellis Paul, American singer-songwriter and folk musician
- Ellis Larkins, American jazz pianist born in Baltimore, Maryland
- Ellis Spear, officer
- Ellis Baker, American theatre actress
- Ellis E. Patterson, one-term Democratic California congressman
- Ellis F. Lawrence, American architect
- Ellis Ferreira, former professional male tennis player
- Ellis Valentine, former Major League Baseball right fielder
- Ellis Yarnal Berry, attorney, newspaper publisher and politician
- Ellis Rainsberger, former American football and Canadian football player
- Ellis Carver, fictional character on the HBO drama 'The Wire'
- Ellis Wyms, a former American football defensive tackle
- Ellis Island Sound, The band formed in 1996
- Ellis Jones, American sociologist and author at College of the Holy Cross
- Ellis Dungan in movie Meera as Director
- Ellis Jeffreys portrayed vital character of Lady Madeleine in 1937 drama, musical movie Limelight.
- Ellis Moore, from 1996 horror, sci-fi film Deadly Contact, who characterized the Dr. Hammond.
- In 1925, Ellis Houston portrayed the role of N in action, adventure flick Secret Service Sanders.
Lists having Ellis
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Welsh Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Kind
- Baby Names that mean Peaceful
- Baby Names that mean Ruler
- Baby Names that mean Perfect
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh