Evy meaning and origin
Illustrous and Ceaseless Evy's origin is Hebrew is substantially used in Swedish, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish and Norwegian, meaning of Evy is "Live, Living, The Enlivening or Alive" is aimed at girls. Evy is variant of prevailing and perpetual Elvira. Elvira is effeminate version of Alvaro. Meaning of Elvira is True to All Truly Foreign Truly Lively, Foreign True and Alert came from Germanic and German. Evy is variation of everlasting and cherished Evelyn. Evelyn is variant form of perpetual and biblical Eve. Evelyn is form of Ava in English language. Also Evelyn is English form of Eva. Evelyn is also equivalent of Eve in English language. Evelyn is also English cognate of Evelina. Prevailing and Ever lasting Evelyn has its origin in Hebrew and Old French, Evelyn means "Hazelnut and Life". It is celebrated on September 6.
Evy as a baby name It may be hard to pronounce, Evy, yet another Hebrew name on the list holds a simple yet deep meaning which sparks interest and questions, given that many consider it a version of Eva, but in its core, it is clear what it represents, the life in its purest form. Whether you decide on it for the number of the letters or the fact that it's not a common name, one thing is for sure, Evy is hard to spell as well, but that's no reason to overlook it in the final decision as its short yet meaningful name choice.
Variants of Evy
ChavahEvi, Evelyn, Elvira, Eva, Eve, Efi, Aveline, Ava, Evelina, Avaline, Evelynrose, Albira, Elvina, Elvi, Evee, Chava, Evina, Evarose, Evita, Evelyne, Eveanna, Evert, Aveleen, Aeva, Avelina, Avice, Avaclaire, Evalina, Velina, Aibhlin, Avaleen, Alvina, Elvia, Elwine, Ellvi, Elvy, Ellevi, Elsevi, ElvaNames that rhyme with Evy
Popularity of Evy
A common name in France with over 759 new-borns have been given the name since 1994. Presently peaking at the charts, 198 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 305th position. Evy is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1895 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1895, it ranked 1592nd when 61 girl were named Evy. Over 1035 babies in United States have been named Evy.
Evy is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, in use since 2000, peaked in 2007 when it ranked 1965th. But Evy is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, Sweden and Belgium. At least, 30000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Evy in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Evy
Don't ruin your gentle spirit with greediness and temporary satisfaction. You are a good listener but the advice you give is taken by a pinch of salt by others. Nothing escapes your eye, your sense of smell is highly developed, such as your sense of touch. Besides being hard-working by nature, you are also independent and like to handle things your way. When it comes to life goals, you are cautious and always plan precisely your next steps.
Other names similar to Evy, for would be moms
- Ilone - Origin of Ilone is in Hungarian language bestowed upon girls, used mainly in Danish and Scandinavian, meaning of Ilone is "The Torch, Flanks and Shining". Ilone is derivation of Ilona.
- Benedikt - Mainly used in Dutch, German and Old Norse atypical, Benedikt aimed at baby boys has its origin in Latin, meaning of Benedikt is "Blessed One or The Blessed"
- Vincent - Vincent's meaning is Victor or One Who Overcomes is originated from Latin and is used in Danish, Finnish and Swedish is a gender insensitive name . Dominant name Vincent elevated to 107th position on the list of baby boy names in 2018 in United States
- Guus - Well-Liked Guus has its origin in Old Norse and Latin, Guus means "The Dignified or The August" and is aimed at baby boys is primarily used in Dutch
- Marga - Rarefied Marga substantially is used in Swedish and English, meaning of Marga is "The Pearl" that came from Old Greek is used as a baby girl name
Namesakes of Evy
- Evy Engelsborg is renowned for her acting in tvMovie Hedda Gabler
- Evy Carstens portrayed the central role of Marie in 2006 horror, thriller movie Glimt.
Lists having Evy
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with E
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Dutch Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Live
- Baby Names that mean Living
- Baby Names that mean Enlivening
- Baby Names that mean Alive