Farquhar meaning and origin
Boy name Farquhar means "Beloved Man", principally used in English and Gaelic is rooted from Celtic language.
Variants of FarquharNames that rhyme with Farquhar
Popularity of Farquhar
Farquhar is an uncommon name probably limited to Scotland. According to our findings, at least 100 people have been bestowed Farquhar around the globe.
What numerology tells about Farquhar?
You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. Nothing and no one can keep you amused for too long. You never get too obsessed with a person because you know that everything in life is temporary, especially relationships. Deep inside you want someone to take over your dominance and take over the control. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. You are compassionate and always put other people's needs before yours.
Go through the following names similar to Farquhar
- Ailene - Meaning of Ailene is Shining, Eveline and Power came from Old French and English is aimed at baby girls. Ailene is derived from Aileen.
- Maral - Infrequent unisex name Maral means "Swan or Deer". It is rooted from Celtic and Old French is used substantially in Marathi and Hindi
- Melvin - Unfading and Widely Accepted Melvin is used in Swedish, German and French, Melvin means "Chief, Bad Village or Protector" used as a unisex name came from Celtic, English and Old French
- Merlen - Particulary used in English atypical, Merlen is used as a boy name. It is rooted from Celtic, meaning of Merlen is "Small Falcon"
- Merlan - Unfamiliar Merlan has its origin in Celtic language bestowed upon boys, Merlan means "Small Falcon and By the Sea" is predominantly used in English. Merlan is derivation of Merlin.
Namesakes of Farquhar
- Farquhar Buzzard, prominent British physician and Regius Professor of Medicine at the University of Oxford
- Farquhar Oliver, politician in Ontario, Canada