Godfred meaning and origin
Godfred is a version of Gottfrid. Gottfrid is form of biblical, customary and everlasting Godfrey. Used notably in Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish and English creative and adventurous, Godfred is rooted from Germanic is used as a boy name. Godfred is a variant of perennial, famous and biblical Godfrey. Godfrey is form of Gottfried in English language. Meaning of Godfrey is Safety and Gods Peace is prevalently used in English and German is rooted from Old High German and Germanic.
Variants of GodfredNames that rhyme with Godfred
Popularity of Godfred
Godfred is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. But Godfred is a popular baby name in Ghana where every 1 in 800 have the name. According to our research, at least 40000 people have been bestowed Godfred around the globe.
What numbers say about Godfred?
The vowel o as your first one in your name reveals you are an opportunist. Don't hang out with someone just to hang out with someone. Travel more, work less and be more present at the moment. You can smell a great opportunity from miles. You hate waking up at the same time in the morning if you don't have to. The letter G as your cornerstone reveals that you are one tactical, down-to-earth person who doesn't take “no” for an answer.
Do you like Godfred? Other names you would love
- Dorotea - Unexpected choice and Perpetual Old Greek Dorotea is a girl name, meaning of Dorotea is "Gift of God" is used substantially in Hawaiian and Swedish
- Jonn - Odd boy name Jonn has its origin in Hebrew, meaning of Jonn is "God is Gracious, Jehovah has been Gracious or Has Shown Favor" is mostly used in Swedish and English
- Tago is used majorly in Swedish and Danish is a boy name is of Spanish origin. Tago is Latin cognate of Tage
- Gundel - Origin of Gundel is in Germanic and Old High German languages is a girl name, meaning of Gundel is "Fight" is used in Finnish, German and Greenlandic
- Aranka - Originated from Latin and Hungarian, Aranka is notably used in Finnish and Tamil, Aranka means "Gold Made or Gold" is used as a baby girl name
Namesakes of Godfred
We could not find any notable namesake.