Gríðr meaning and origin
Girl name Gríðr has its origin in Old Norse and Germanic, meaning of Gríðr is "Vehemence, Greed, Eagerness or Peace, Protection, Mercy, Truce" is mostly used in Old Norse.
Variants of GríðrNames that rhyme with Gríðr
Popularity of Gríðr
Gríðr is an extremely rare name around the globe.
Looking for names similar to Gríðr? Please go through the following names
- Hróarr is Old Norse cognate of Hróðarr
- Beiti - Dominantly used in Old Norse, Beiti came from Old Norse and is given to boys, meaning of Beiti is "To Pasture Cattle, to Use a Weapon, to Harness to a Vehicle, to Steer Or Sail near the Wind, to Cruise"
- Skjalgr - Boy name Skjalgr is mainly used in Old Norse. Skjalgr is Old Norse cognate of Skjálgr
- Hremsa - Hremsa's meaning is Clutch Or Shaft used for baby girls used notably in Old Norse is originated from Old Norse
- Kormákr is Old Norse form of Cormac
Namesakes of Gríðr
We could not find any notable namesake.