Hieronymus meaning and origin
Hieronymus is originated from Old Greek, Hieronymus means "Variant of the Saint's Name Jerome or Sacred Name" particulary used in English, Finnish, Swedish, German and Norwegian is used as a boy name . Hieronymus is variation of admired, long standing and biblical Jerome. Also Jerome is English cognate of Hieronymus. Jerome means Sacred and Sacred Name came from Old Greek. Hieronymus is Latin cognate of The Greek Name Ἱερώνυμος.
Variants of HieronymusNames that rhyme with Hieronymus
Popularity of Hieronymus
Hieronymus is a familiar baby name in Germany. At least, 200 people globally have carried Hieronymus as their given name, concentrated mainly in Europe according to our estimate.
Hieronymus in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Hieronymus
You have 3 as your expression number it reveals your positive attitude toward life. It's like you never get angry and anything can piss you off. Working on spiritual growth is what makes you happy and fulfilled. Number 3 as an expression number reveals your charm, positive attitude toward life, and contagious smile. To have number 7 as your personality number means you are calm by nature and have a peaceful attitude about everything.
If you like Hieronymus, you would love these names
- Marika - The rare girl name Marika came from Hebrew, Marika means "Bitter, Myrrh or Ocean or To Swell" is notably used in Greek, Hindi and Japanese
- Dénes - Principally used in Hungarian, Dénes aimed at baby boys, meaning of Dénes is "Dedicated to Dionysos or Of the God Dionysus Devotees" has its origin in Old Greek
- István - Istváns origin is Old Greek is a boy name, meaning of István is "The Crowned, Crown or The Crowned" is used in Hungarian
- Phillipa - Unconventional Phillipas origin is Old Greek bestowed upon girls which is used commonly in Norwegian, English and Danish, meaning of Phillipa is "Lover of Horses or Female Version of Philip"
- Magret - Old Greek name Magret means "The Pearl" and is used predominantly in Finnish, Norwegian and German is used for baby girls
Namesakes of Hieronymus
- Hieronymus Froben, famous pioneering printer
- Hieronymus Dungersheim, German Catholic theologian and controversialist
- Hieronymus Albrecht Hass, German harpsichord and clavichord maker
- Hieronymus Fabricius, pioneering anatomist and surgeon known
- Hieronymus Georg Zeuthen, Danish mathematician
- Hieronymus Bosch, Dutch/Netherlandish draughtsman and painter
- Hieronymus Praetorius, north German composer and organist of the late Renaissance and very early Baroque eras
- Hieronymus Wolf, sixteenth-century German historian and humanist
- Hieronymus Bock, The details of his life are unclear
- Hieronymus Bosch, is New Zealand's longest running dark industrial experimental noise punk act formed around 1985-86
- Hieronymus Cock, Flemish painter and etcher as well as a publisher and distributor of prints