Jess name meaning
What does Jess mean?
Notably used in Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Greenlandic, English and Norwegian persistent and desirable, Jess is used as a gender insensitive name and is rooted from Hebrew, meaning of Jess is "Gift". Jess is form of pleasing Jes. Jes is variant of popular and persistent Jens. Jess is short of Jesse. Jesse is variant form of outstanding and biblical Jessa. Jesse's meaning is Blessing of God, God Sees and He (God) Beholds has its origin in Hebrew.
How do I pronounce Jess?
Two syllabled Jess is most commonly pronounced as j(e)-ss.
Variants of Jess
How popular is the name Jess?
a popular name in United States having over 25342 recievers in 195 years of usage. Currently the name is rising, in 1887, the moniker grabbed the 109th spot and 577 baby boys were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names a whooping 93 times Jess is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 2005, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 769 on girl names chart when 37 babies were named Jess. Over 620 babies in England and Wales have been named Jess. Also, in Netherlands, in just 4 years, it has made it to the top 400 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 362 on girl names chart when 36 babies were named Jess. There are over 125 babies that have been given the name Jess in Netherlands.
Jess is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 48 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 368 babies in France have been named Jess. Also, it appeared first time in 1995 on baby boy names list of Belgium. But Jess is a popular baby name in Australia where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Philippines, England and Cuba. At least, 90000 people globally have carried Jess as their given name according to our evaluation.
Jess in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Jess?
You are efficient, dynamic, and always look at the big picture instead of collecting the small pieces and wonder where they fit. The soul is more important to you than your body. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way. You always do it with a purpose, and that's to teach others what you've learned.
Looking for a name like Jess? Please go through the following names
- Marlyn means Sea of Bitterness, Mary or Lyn or Blend of Marie is used mostly as a gender-neutral name and is notably used in Swedish, Norwegian and Danish has origin in Germanic. In 1937, darling Marlyn was the 483rd most popular name on baby girl chart in United States
- Mckayla - Loved Mckayla primarily is used in English aimed at both sexes that originated from Hebrew, meaning of Mckayla is "Who is Like God?"
- Helena - Noteworthy and Venerable unisex name Helena is originated from Old Greek used specifically in English, Polish and Old Norse languages, meaning of Helena is "Light or Corposant"
- Kaydence means Cadence is originated from English which is used commonly in English is aimed at both genders
- Willa - Dominant and Ever lasting unisex name Willa means "Will, Protection or Helmet" that came from Old High German, Arabic and Germanic is substantially used in English and Danish
Famous people named Jess
- Jess Oppenheimer, American radio and television writer, producer
- Jess Thomas, American operatic tenor
- Jess Cliffe, video game designer
- Jess Roskelley, American mountaineer
- Jess Mortensen, NCAA champion track athlete and coach
- Jess Stayrook, American professional bowler
- Jess von der Ahe, American contemporary artist living
- Jess Conrad, English actor and singer from Brixton
- Jess Weiss, American anesthesiologist and doctor
- Jess Mowry, American author of books and stories for children and young adults
- Jess Margera, American musician
- Jess Willard, world heavyweight boxing champion known as the Pottawatomie Giant
- Jess Collins, American visual artist
- Jess Hahn, American actor who mostly starred in French films
- Jess Stearn, Jewish-American journalist and author of more than thirty books
- Jess McMahon, McMahon Sr
- Jess Row, American short story writer and novelist
- Jess Walton, American actress, best
- Jess Barker, American film actor of the 1930s and 1940s
- Jess Harnell, American voice actor and singer
- Jess Nevins, American author
- Jess Klein, American singer-songwriter
- Jess Sinclair, dashing half back flanker
- Jess Lee, Canadian Métis country music singer-songwriter
- Jess Roden, English rock singer, songwriter and guitarist
- Jess Stonestreet Jackson Jr., Jess Stonestreet Jackson Jr
- Jess Hill, American athlete, coach
- Jess Marlow, American journalist
- Jess Dobkin, performance artist based in Toronto, Canada
- Jess Vanstrattan, retired Australian professional footballer
- Jess Stacy, American jazz pianist
- Jess Buckles, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Jess Walter, American author of six novels
- Jess Neely, American football player and a baseball and football coach
- Jess Yates, English television presenter and producer
- Jess Sweetser, amateur golfer
- Jess Lewis, retired amateur wrestler and American football player
- Jess Richardson, American collegiate and professional American football player
- Jess Atkinson, former American football placekicker
- Jess Phillips, Jess Phillips Jr
- Jess Liaudin, French professional mixed martial artist
- Jess Robbins, American film director, writer and producer
- Jessica Conlan in The Education of Charlie Banks as Actress
- Jessica Cropper in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button as Actress
- Jessica Berry in Philadelphia: Manhunt as Producer
- Jessica Page in BASEketball as Actress
- Jessie Pariseau in Nightcrawler as Sound Department
- Jessica Dragonette in Gulliver's Travels as Actress
- Jessica Turner in Playboy: American Beauties as
- Jessica Pearson in Episode #2.6 as Actress
- Jessica Banuelos in Brotherhood as Actress
- Jess Abbott is writer of movie Okefenokee
- Jess Lee Brooks, from 1938 action and crime flick Life Goes On, who played Officer James.
- In 1926 western film, The Terror, Jess Deffenbach played Steve.
- Jess Lapid characterized leading character of Leon Guerrero in 1968 action movie Leon Guerrero: Laban sa 7 kilabot.
- In 1995, Jess Sanchez characterized the role of Capt. Manuel Servo in action film Capt. Manuel Servo: Rebelde.
- In 1992 drama, romance movie, Lumayo ka man sa akin, Jess Lapid Jr. characterized Brixio.
- Jess Weixler characterized leading character of Dawn in 2007 comedy and fantasy film Teeth.
- In 2009 comedy, romance flick, Süpürrr!, Jess Molho characterized Alper.
Lists having Jess
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Jes
- Baby Names that mean Gift