Jocelyne meaning and origin
Widespread girl name Jocelyne means "Playful, Medieval Male Name Adopted as a Feminine Name, A Member of the German Tribe, The Gauts, Cheerful, Happy, Joyful, Gaut or Son of God" which came from Celtic and Old French is used specifically in English. Jocelyne is variant of Josse. Josse is form of Jodocus. Also Josse is version of desirable, biblical and timeless Joseph. Josse is form of Josce in English and Middle languages. Well-Known Josse's origin is German, Dutch and Breton is used specifically in Finnish, Swedish and Danish, meaning of Josse is "Deity". Jocelyne is a spelling variant of Jocelyn. Origin of Famous Jocelyn is in Old French and English is used in English and English languages, meaning of Jocelyn is "Medieval Male Name Adopted as a Feminine Name and Joyful". It is celebrated on 13 December.
Variants of Jocelyne
View middle names that goes with Jocelyne like Xina, Iney, Asta,Names that rhyme with Jocelyne
Popularity of Jocelyne
a very popular name in France with over 103557 new-borns have been given the name since 1908. Recently the name is rising, in 1954, 6299 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 13rd position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 22 times Jocelyne used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1945 and over 4122 babies have been given the name in 68 years. At the peak of its usage in 1996,. But after 68 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low.
Jocelyne is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales still in use today. But Jocelyne is a popular baby name in Burundi where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Congo, Madagascar, Canada, Haiti, Rwanda and Belgium. According to our findings, over 180000 babies have been named Jocelyne globally.
Jocelyne in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Jocelyne
You have a curious mind and wish to explore the world. You have a bossy nature in love. You can smell a great opportunity from miles. You never approach issues or challenges with a negative attitude because you know that no problem comes with a solution. People complain about your coldness. But these are the people that haven't had the chance to know you better. Injustice makes you go crazy.
Do you like Jocelyne? Read these names too
- Dezi means Man of the World, Munster and Wealth and Protection is originated from Latin and Celtic is a unisex name is used primarily in English. Dezi is diminutive of Desmond.
- Birkitta - Origin of Birkitta is in Old Norse and Celtic is notably used in Swedish and Finnish is used as a baby girl name. Birkitta is Finnish form of Pirkitta
- Deirdre - Widespread girl name Deirdre means "Ancient or Sorrowful" and originated from Celtic and Old Irish is primarily used in English, Irish and Gaelic
- Van - Acclaimed and Evergreen unisex name Van is commonly used in English and Swedish. Its origin is in Old English and Germanic, meaning of Van is "Traditional Middle Name to Indicate a Boy or Cloud"
- Gwenaëlle - Origin of Gwenaëlle is in Celtic, meaning of Gwenaëlle is "White or Happy or Angel"
Namesakes of Jocelyne
- Jocelyne Labylle, Guadeloupean zouk musician
- Jocelyne Villeton, retired long-distance runner from France,
- Jocelyne Couture-Nowak, instructor of French in the Department of Foreign Languages and Literature at Virginia Tech
- Jocelyne Bourgon, Canadian public servant
- Jocelyne LaGarde, Tahitian
- Jocelyne Loewen, Canadian actress working with Ocean Productions,
- Jocelyne François, French writer
- Jocelyne Bourassa, former Canadian professional golfer on the LPGA Tour
- Jocelyne Girard-Bujold, member of the House of Commons of Canada
- Jocelyne Clairis in Prostitution as
- Jocelyne Wildenstein in Servez-vous mesdames as Actress
- Jocelyne Zucco in Deadfall as Actress
- Jocelyne Kelly in The Puzzle as Actress
- Jocelyne Watts in Predetermined as Actress
- Jocelyne Béroard acted in movie Sim�on
Lists having Jocelyne
- Girl names beginning with J
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- French Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lyne
- Popular Girl Names in France (1970)
- Baby Names that mean Medieval
- Baby Names that mean Tribe
- Baby Names that mean Cheerful
- Baby Names that mean Happy
- Baby Names that mean Joyful
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean God