John Paul name meaning
On This Page
What does John Paul mean?
John Paul has its origin in English and English-American languages bestowed upon baby boys used substantially in English, John Paul means "John or Paul". Of English and English-American origin, John Paul is chiefly used in English, John Paul means "John or Paul" is a boy name.
John Paul is formed by durable and customary John and durable and customary Paul, which itself is English and French form of Paulus. Also Paul is English and French form of Paulus.
Variants of John PaulNames that rhyme with John Paul
How popular is the name John Paul?
John Paul is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 384 (2006) in its 13 years run on Ireland naming chart. At least, 50 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Do you like John Paul? Other names you would love
- Beacher - Meaning of Beacher is Lives by the Beech Tree or Place Name is used as a boy name is particulary used in English
- Barrclay - Meaning of Barrclay is Where Birches Grow or Place Name has its origin in Old English and is given to baby boys is mostly used in English
- Dudley - Commonly Accepted and Ceaseless Dudley has its origin in Old English, Dudley means "Clearing of Dudda or People" used for both boys and girls is used principally in English
- Roseann - The widespread girl name Roseann means "Gracious Rose, Grace or Favor" has its roots in English and Latin is specifically used in English
- Cyneburga is used substantially in English has origin in Old English given to girls, Cyneburga means "Royal Fortress or Cyne Meaning Royal"
Famous people named John Paul
- John Paul Vann, lieutenant colonel
- John Paul Goode, a geographer and cartographer
- John Paul Jackson, American author, teacher
- John Paul Papanicolaou, Greek businessman active in the shipping industry
- John Paul Nazarius, Italian Dominican theologian
- John Paul Verree, Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- John Paul Scott, American criminal
- John Paul Riddle, pilot and aviation pioneer
- John Paul Jones, United States' first well-known naval commander
- John Paul Jones, English musician and record producer
- John Paul Stevens, American lawyer and jurist
- John Paul Getty Jr., British philanthropist and book collector
- John Paul Pitoc, American actor
- John Paul Harney, Canadian professor and former politician
- John Paul Young, Scottish-born Australian pop singer
- John Paul Tremblay, Canadian actor and comedian
- John Paul, British actor
- John Paul Hammerschmidt, American politician from the state of Arkansas
- John Paul Phelan, Irish Fine Gael politician
- John Paul Getty III, grandson of American oil tycoon J. Paul Getty
- John Paul Lederach, American Professor of International Peacebuilding at the University of Notre Dame
- John Paul, British colonial administrator and civil servant
- John Paul Leon, American comic book artist,
- John Paul Clarkin, professional polo player
- John Paul Jr., John Lee Paul Jr
- John Paul McBride, Scottish former football player
- John Paul Jones, American track athlete
- John Paul Ospina, Colombian singer, songwriter, producer
- John Paul Sr., U.S. Representative and federal judge
- John Paul DeJoria, Greek-Italian-American entrepreneur