Laurent name meaning
On This Page
What does Laurent mean?
Customary Laurent is originated from Latin is used commonly in Danish, French, Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian, Laurent means "Laurel" is a boy name . Laurent is variant of well-known, virtuous and everlasting Laurence.
Laurence is variant form of commonly accepted Laurent. Laurence is equivalent of Laurentia in French language. Also Laurence is form of Laurentia in French language. Laurence is also English form of Laurent.
Meaning of Laurence is Too: Laurel Wreath, From Laurentum Stem End and Crowned with Laurels is rooted from Latin. Laurent is version of Laurentius. Laurentius is variant of popular and long standing Laurence.
Laurentius means Laurel Wreath and Laurel is rooted from Latin. Laurent is celebrated on August 10th.
Is Laurent a pleasant name for a baby?
Laurent is a classic and timeless name for a baby boy. It has a distinguished sound that exudes strength and sophistication. With its Latin origin, it carries historical significance and traditional roots.
Laurent is also versatile in terms of nicknames, with options such as Larry or Ren for shorter alternatives. The name has been embraced by several notable figures throughout history, including Saint Laurentius, a Christian martyr from the third century.
Overall, Laurent is an excellent choice for parents who want to give their son an elegant and distinctive name with cultural significance.
How do I pronounce Laurent?
The three syllabled name Laurent is commonly pronounced as lor-AHN. The other ways to say the name is la(u)-re-nt.
Variants of LaurentNames that rhyme with Laurent
How popular is the name Laurent?
Laurent was an extremely popular name in France. Over 328484 babies have been named Laurent since 1900. At the peak of its usage in 1968, it ranked 2nd when 19957 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 133 years. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 7 times A common name in Belgium having over 1001 recievers in 23 years of usage.
When at the peak of its usage in 1996, 172 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 77th position.
Laurent is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1912 and was able to reach the top 2000 names.
In 1927, it ranked 1145th when 39 boys were named Laurent. There are over 1842 babies that have been given the name Laurent in United States. Also, in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 167 on boy names chart when 46 babies were named Laurent. Over 458 babies in Switzerland have been named Laurent.
Laurent is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1996 and achieved its top ranking of 1595 in 2001.
But Laurent is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Tanzania, Madagascar, Cameroon, Rwanda, Burundi, Central African Republic, Canada, Benin, Chad, Congo, Burkina Faso, Togo and Ivory Coast.
At least, 890000 people globally have carried Laurent as their given name according to our evaluation.
Laurent in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Laurent?
You would climb the highest rock if that's necessary to accomplish something you want badly. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. You are easily triggered by lies and injustice. You are curious and driven by your wish to invent new things and solutions. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong.
Looking for a name like Laurent? Please go through the following names
- Star - Meaning of Star is Stella, Esther or Inspiring came from English and Latin primarily used in Danish and Finnish is bestowed upon both genders
- Natasha - Cherished Natasha predominantly is used in Marathi, Kannada and Sindhi aimed at both boys and girls that of Latin origin, meaning of Natasha is "Born on Christmas, A Flower or Christ's Birthday"
- Prior is originated from Latin is used chiefly in Swedish, English and Danish is a boy name, Prior means "Monastic Leader or Servant of the Priory"
- Mofius - Of Latin origin, Mofius means "Shape and God of Sleep" is a baby boy name. Mofius is derivation of Morpheus.
- Loric - The girl name Loric is rooted from Latin, Loric means "Armor or Little Laurent"
Famous people named Laurent
- Laurent Desjardins, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Laurent Belissen, French Baroque composer
- Laurent Chappis, architect and town planner, born in Aix-les-Bains
- Laurent Terzieff, French actor
- Laurent Colot, French physician
- Laurent Verbiest, Belgian football player
- Laurent Mbariko, prominent Congolese politician
- Laurent Itti, computational neuroscientist
- Laurent Eynac, French politician
- Laurent Lavigne, member of the House of Commons of Canada
- Laurent Pelly, French opera and theatre director
- Laurent Bénard, chief founder of the Congregation of Saint-Maur
- Laurent Pariente,
- Laurent Tailhade, French satirical poet, anarchist polemicist
- Laurent Genefort, French science fiction writer
- Laurent Leroux, fur trader
- Laurent Boutonnat, French composer and film and music video director
- Laurent Hernu, French decathlete
- Laurent Thévenot, French sociologist
- Laurent Chabry, French biologist
- Laurent Rédon, former race car driver from Loire, France
- Laurent Duhamel, French football referee
- Laurent Gathier, French engineer and space pioneer
- Laurent Grimod de La Reynière, French financier and fermier général
- Laurent Marqueste, French sculptor
- Laurent Gaudé, French writer
- Laurent Emmanuelli, French rugby union player
- Laurent Dailliez, French history doctor
- Laurent Lafforgue, French mathematician
- Laurent Schwartz, French mathematician
- Laurent Cassegrain, Catholic priest
- Laurent Freidel, French theoretical physicist and mathematical physicist known mainly for his contributions to quantum gravity, including loop quantum gravity, spin foam models
- Laurent Cleenewerck, academic and theologian
- Laurent C. Siebenmann, Canadian mathematician based at the Université de Paris-Sud at Orsay
- Laurent Gbagbo, Ivorian politician
- Laurent Garnier, French electronic music producer and DJ. Garnier began DJ-ing
- Laurent Fabius, French Socialist politician
- Laurent de Gouvion Saint-Cyr, French commander
- Laurent Fignon, Fignon won many classic races
- Laurent Jalabert, French former professional road racing cyclist
- Laurent Blanc, French football manager and former player
- Laurent Wolf, French electro house producer and DJ. He is the author of several compilations that contain his own tracks and also his remixes
- Laurent Beaudoin, Canadian businessman from Quebec
- Laurent de Brunhoff, author and illustrator
- Laurent Clerc, French teacher called "The Apostle of the Deaf in America" and was regarded as the most renowned deaf person
- Laurent Robert, French former footballer
- Laurent D'Jaffo, retired football player
- Laurent Picard, French-Canadian businessman and former President of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Laurent Brochard, retired professional road racing cyclist
- Laurent Delorge, Belgian former footballer
- Laurent Dufaux, former professional road cyclist from 1991 to 2004
- Laurent de La Hyre, French Baroque painter, born in Paris
- Laurent Voulzy, French singer and composer
- Laurent Esso, Cameroonian politician
- Laurent Gagnier, former French football midfielder
- Laurent Frayssinous, French professional rugby league coach and former player
Lists having Laurent
- Boy names beginning with L
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- Latin Boy Names
- Danish Boy Names
- Finnish Boy Names
- French Boy Names
- Norwegian Boy Names
- Swedish Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in France (1994)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (1996)
- Baby Names that mean Laurel