Lie meaning and origin
The girl name Lie is used substantially in German, Swedish, Danish, Finnish and Norwegian languages, Lie means "Root End of the Meadow, Inspired By a Place Name or My God is Perfect". Lie is variant form of predominant Li. Li is variant form of Names Ending with -Li, -Lia, -Lie, -Liia, -Liija, -Lija. Also Li is variant of Names Beginning with Li-. Li is also variant of Names Containing a Stressed -Li- In the Middle of the Name, Especially Elisabet. Li means Strength, Logic and Beautiful has its origin in Mandarin and Chinese. Lie is a shortened form of Elizabeth. Elizabeth came from Hebrew, meaning of Elizabeth is "God is My Oath and God of Plenty".
Variants of LieNames that rhyme with Lie
Popularity of Lie
Lie is immensely popular in China where every 1 in 8000 have the name. Also it is popular in Indonesia. In Taiwan and Malaysia it is common while somewhat familiar in Singapore, Ivory Coast, Hong Kong, Brazil, Philippines, Cameroon, Netherlands and Canada. At least, 240000 people globally have carried Lie as their given name according to our estimate.
Lie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Lie
You are pretty, smart and charismatic, you still doubt yourself. Office work drives you crazy. This is why you prefer freelance work. Back in time, you were too focused on your career until you realized there's something more important to live for. Most people are jealous of your aura and ability to become the center of attention even when you don't try at all. You need to open up to new adventures and experiences.
Other names similar to Lie, for soon-to-be-parents
- Tasja - Tasja's meaning is Risen One aimed at baby girls is predominantly used in Finnish and Danish
- Cainan - Infrequent boy name Cainan is specifically used in Finnish and English, meaning of Cainan is "Qen" came from Hebrew
- Dorita - Dorita's meaning is Save or Gift is rooted from Latin and Old Greek notably used in Swedish, Danish and Spanish is used as a girl name
- Wiola - Especially used in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian predominant and timeless, Wiola given to girls is originated from Latin and English. Wiola is equivalent of Viola in Polish language
- Eucharius - The boy name Eucharius means "Thankfulness, Graceful, Lovable or Grateful" and is rooted from Old Greek is notably used in German and Latin
Namesakes of Lie
We could not find any notable namesake.