Loïs meaning and origin
The prevalent girl name Loïs is mainly used in Dutch has its origin in Old Greek and German, Loïs means "Illustrious and Fighting". Loïs is a derivation of Louis. Louis is French equivalent of Ludwig. Also Louis is equivalent of Ludewig in French language. Louis's meaning is Fame and Fight and War came from Old High German and Germanic. It is celebrated on August 25.Names that rhyme with Loïs
Popularity of Loïs
A common name in France with over 9576 new-borns have been given the name since 1953. When at its peak in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 215th spot and 325 baby boys were given the name. Also, In Netherlands, Loïs was once a common name since emerging in 2015 it has been given to over 1509 babies. At its zenith in 2017,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. In addition to that, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 5 times
Loïs is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2010, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 379 on boy names chart when 29 babies were named Loïs. Over 611 babies in Belgium have been named Loïs. However things change on global perspective, Loïs is extremely popular in United States where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Nigeria, Canada, Ghana and England. According to our estimate, at least 410000 people have been bestowed Loïs around the globe.
Loïs in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Other names liked by would be moms that are similar to Loïs
- Achill - Especially used in German and Greek, Achill is originated from Old Greek and a baby boy name, meaning of Achill is "Pain"
- Jorgette - Originated from Old Greek, Jorgette means "Earth Worker, Georgos Which Means Farmer and Worker of the Earth" is aimed at baby girls. Jorgette is derivative of Georgia.
- Earina - Earina's meaning is Peace is of Greek origin
- Earine - Earines origin is Greek, meaning of Earine is "Peace"
- Macario - Origin of Offbeat Macario is in Old Greek is used as a boy name, meaning of Macario is "Makaros" is prevalently used in Portuguese, Spanish and Italian
Namesakes of Loïs
- Loïs Lane, Dutch girl group consisting of the sisters Suzanne and Monique Klemann
- Actor Loïs Bolton, famous for TV series Omnibus