Louise name meaning
On This Page
What does Louise mean?
Louise's meaning is Renowned Fighter, Famous Warrior or Struggle is rooted from Germanic and Old High German used as a gender insensitive name is used in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Greenlandic, French, Finnish, Dutch, Icelandic, English and German.
Louise is variation of acclaimed Luise. Luise is version of long standing and dominant Eloise. Also Luise is variant form of sacred, enduring and acclaimed Lucy. Acclaimed and Enduring Luise came from Latin, Old High German and Germanic, meaning of Luise is "Struggle, Fight and Loud".
Louise is form of Louis in French language. It is celebrated on March 15th.
How do I pronounce Louise?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Louise is lo(ui)-se. It can also be pronounced as loo-eez.
Variants of Louise
Nicknames for Louise
Here is the list of Popular nicknames for given name Louise:Names that rhyme with Louise
How popular is the name Louise?
Louise is a very popular name in United States given to over 335188 babies in 246 years. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 1912, it ranked 17th when 9180 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names an amazing 58 times Also, Louise was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 11041 babies have been named Louise since 1996.
At the peak of its usage in 1996, 1309 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 44th position. After 23 years, the name has past its prime. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Louise is a popular in Ireland where over 11863 new-borns have been given the name since 1964.
Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1980, the moniker grabbed the 5th spot and 601 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 1 times Also, Louise was a very popular name in France.
Over 263898 babies have been given the name in 123 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2015, it ranked 1st when 7199 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However after 123 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 12 times Also, Louise was among the popular names in Denmark.
Since emerging in 1985 around 13962 babies have been given the first name. When at the peak of its usage in 1985, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 998 baby girls were given the name.
After 22 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 5 baby names 10 times Also, Louise was a popular name in Belgium.
Over 11387 babies have been named Louise since 1995. When at its peak in 2007, the moniker grabbed the 2nd spot and 602 baby girls were given the name. However after 24 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still dominating the charts.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 13 times
Louise used to be a common name in Netherlands, first appeared in 2015 and over 699 babies have been given the name in 5 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2016,. However after 5 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, In Sweden, Louise was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 1853 babies.
When at its peak in 1998,. After 9 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Louise was a common name in New South Wales. Over 9047 babies have been named Louise since 1952.
When at the peak of its usage in 1967,. After 41 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Also, Louise was a common name in Queensland. Over 2626 babies have been named Louise since 1960.
At the peak of its usage in 1972,. After 34 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Louise is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
Recently in 2018, 98 babies were given Louise and it reached its peak ranking, 71 on girl names chart. Over 1146 babies in Switzerland have been named Louise. However things change on global perspective, Louise is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in England.
Also the baby name is popular in Canada, Australia, Cameroon, South Africa, Rwanda, Burundi, Scotland, Benin, New Zealand, Wales, Jamaica, Guinea, Madagascar, Chad, Ethiopia, Brazil and Haiti. As per our evaluation, over 1220000 babies have been bestowed Louise around the globe.
Louise in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Louise
You don't depend on anyone in any way. You are a sensitive fellow who's often taken for granted. Financial security doesn't matter to you much. Neither does a steady love life. You can smell a great opportunity from miles. You never establish clumsy connections. Being a boss suits you because of your high self-esteem, determination, and knowledge. You believe that your body is a temple that needs to be taken good care of. And so does the soul.
Go through the following names similar to Louise
- Hergen - Meaning of Hergen is Warrior, Army or Army is used mainly in Dutch, Dutch and Dutch
- Ka means Something Special has its origin in Old Greek is a gender-neutral name is used mostly in Telugu and Dutch
- Lotte - Lotte's meaning is Husband, Free Man or Female Version of Charles is principally used in Danish, Swedish and Dutch and is aimed at baby girls has its origin in English, Germanic and Old High German
- Annemieke - Girl name Annemieke means "Maria or Anna", dominantly used in German, Dutch and Low German came from Hebrew and German
- Ago - Boy name Ago is of Germanic and Old High German origin, meaning of Ago is "Sword or Sword Tip" is largely used in Dutch
Middle names for Louise
There are plenty of appealing and familiar middle names that fit after "Louise". Have a look at them:
View more middle names that goes with Louise.
Famous people named Louise
- Louise Gold, English puppeteer
- Louise Lévêque de Vilmorin, French novelist, poet and journalist
- Louise de La Fayette, French courtier and close friend and confidant of King Louis XIII
- Louise d'Épinay, Mme
- Louise Dacquay, politician in Manitoba, Canada
- Louise Freeland Jenkins, American astronomer
- Louise Marion Bosworth, American researcher at the Women's Educational and Industrial Union
- Louise de Kiriline Lawrence, internationally renowned naturalist
- Louise Pound, distinguished American folklorist, linguist
- Louise Berridge, British historical fiction writer
- Louise Le Nay, Australian actress and writer
- Louise Christian, British human rights solicitor
- Louise Rosalie Allan-Despreaux, noted French actress
- Louise Catherine Breslau, German-born Swiss painter, printmaker
- Louise Julie de Mailly, eldest of the five famous 'de Nesle' sisters
- Louise McNeill, American poet, essayist
- Louise Wightman,
- Louise Munro Foley, Canadian writer
- Louise Helen Coburn, was one of the five founders of Sigma Kappa sorority
- Louise E. du Pont Crowninshield, American heiress and preservationist,
- Louise de Marillac, co-founder, with Vincent de Paul
- Louise Currey, retired Australian track and field athlete
- Louise Goodman, British commentator and reporter
- Louise of Mecklenburg-Güstrow, was Queen consort of Denmark and Norway as the first spouse of the King Frederick IV of Denmark
- Louise Hearman, artist from Melbourne
- Louise Taft, second wife of Alphonso Taft
- Louise Lorraine, American film actress
- Louise Vyent, life coach
- Louise Farrenc, French composer, virtuoso pianist and teacher
- Louise L. Lambrichs, French novelist and essayist
- Louise Cooper, British fantasy writer
- Louise Rosenblatt, American university professor
- Louise Imogen Guiney, American poet, essayist and editor,
- Louise Piëch, daughter of automotive pioneer Ferdinand Porsche
- Louise Malmström, Swedish social democratic politician
- Louise Lawrence, English science fiction author best
- Louise Crisp, contemporary Australian poet
- Louise Bertin, French composer and poet
- Louise Wooster, famous madam in Birmingham, Alabama
- Louise de Montmorency, French aristocrat and courtier
- Louise Browne, West Indies cricketer
- Louise Marie de La Grange d'Arquien, French noblewoman
- Louise Edlind Friberg, Swedish actress, model and politician
- Louise Fatio, Swiss-born American writer of children's books
- Louise Harrison, British actress
- Louise Shivers, American author and writer-in-residence at Georgia Regents University
- Louise Manny, New Brunswick folklorist and historian
- Louise Natoli, Australian slalom canoeist
- Louise Boije af Gennäs, Swedish writer, feminist
- Louise Leakey, Kenyan paleontologist and anthropologist
- Louise Erdrich, American author, writer of novels, poetry
Lists having Louise
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Lou
- Girl names that ends with -ise
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1948)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2004)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2006)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2002)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1995)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1996)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2007)
- Baby Names that mean Renowned
- Baby Names that mean Fighter
- Baby Names that mean Famous
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Fame
- Baby Names that mean War
- Baby Names that mean Loud
- Baby Names that mean Fight
- Baby Names that mean Battle
- Baby Names that mean Illustrious
- Baby Names that mean Struggle