Maïmouna meaning and origin
Maïmouna means Favoured By Destiny or Favored used for baby girls is originated from Arabic is principally used in Arabic.Names that rhyme with Maïmouna
Popularity of Maïmouna
Maïmouna is a common name in France given to over 869 babies in 30 years. Currently peaked at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 490th spot and 111 baby girls were given the name. Maïmouna is an uncommon baby name in Belgium still in use today. However things change on global perspective, Maïmouna is extremely popular in Niger where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in Senegal. Also the baby name is popular in Guinea, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Mali, Mauritania and Benin. As per our research, over 440000 people has been named Maïmouna globally.
Other names similar to Maïmouna, for would be parents
- Moktar is used specifically in Arabic, Moktar means "The Selected One" is used as a baby boy name
- Tafazzul - Boy name Tafazzul is used majorly in Arabic, meaning of Tafazzul is "Courteousness, Beneficence or Favour Kindness"
- Saifur - Used largely in Arabic, Saifur means "Sword of Islam" is a baby boy name
- Batul - Prevalently used in Arabic far-out, Batul is rooted from Arabic, meaning of Batul is "A True Devotee Woman of Allah, Immaculate or Ascetic Virgin" is used as a girl name
- Nashah is used substantially in Arabic is a boy name, Nashah means "Youth or Growing Up"
Namesakes of Maïmouna
We could not find any notable namesake.