Maeve meaning and origin
Maeve means Intoxicating or Welcome is prevalently used in Danish, Swedish, Irish, English, Norwegian and Finnish has its roots in Irish and Celtic is customarily used for baby girls. Maeve is version of loved Maeva. Maeva is variant form of trendy Maeve. Trendy Maeva's origin is Celtic, meaning of Maeva is "Welcome and Intoxicating" is used majorly in Irish. Maeve is form of Meadhbh in English language. Maeve is celebrated on September 6th.
Variants of MaeveNames that rhyme with Maeve
Popularity of Maeve
Maeve is a popular in United States where over 12387 new-borns have been given the name since 1940. Presently peaking at the charts, 969 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 334th position. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 6 times A common name in Ireland with over 4004 new-borns have been given the name since 1964. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2000, the moniker grabbed the 59th spot and 106 baby girls were given the name.
Maeve is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 507 on girl names chart when 84 babies were named Maeve. Over 1070 babies in England and Wales have been named Maeve. Also, in Netherlands, in just 3 years, it has made it to the top 200 names. Recently in 2019, 91 babies were given Maeve and it reached its peak ranking, 162 on girl names chart. Over 170 babies in Netherlands have been named Maeve. Also, in Victoria, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, 69 babies were given Maeve and it reached its peak ranking, 94 on girl names chart.
Maeve is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1984 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2002, it ranked 1129th when 27 girls were named Maeve. Over 306 babies in France have been named Maeve. The moniker is a rare baby name in Victoria where it is still in use. Maeve is a common name in England while somewhat familiar name in Northern Ireland, Brazil, Canada, Scotland and South Africa. According to our evaluation, at least 10000 people have been bestowed Maeve around the globe.
Maeve in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Maeve
You have a quick mind. You have to accept that better days are coming and stop grieving over the good old ones. You always act like everything's just great. Dreams are important to you because you think that a person without dreams is like a walking dead. You believe that nothing is impossible until your heart beats. You are enthusiastic, always do something productive, however, you lack creativity. In order to refuel your soul with creativity, travel, or do something unusual for you.
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Maeve
- Dorrance - Originated from Celtic, Anomalous Dorrance is used in English, Dorrance means "Variant of Dorran Stranger or Stranger" is a boy name
- Donnas - Outlandish Donnas has its origin in Latin and Italian bestowed upon baby girls, Donnas means "Mistress of the House, Lady and Woman". Donnas is derived from Donna.
- Wira - Wiras origin is Gothic and Sanskrit is dominantly used in Finnish and Malay and is used for girls, meaning of Wira is "Friendly or Hero"
- Alanson - Unusual Alanson specifically is used in English, meaning of Alanson is "Noble and Cheerful" has its roots in Celtic is given to baby boys. Alanson is resultant of Alan.
- Enid - Eminent and Evergreen unisex name Enid is originated from Welsh, Celtic and Old Welsh, meaning of Enid is "Spirit or Small Fire" is used especially in English and Norwegian
Namesakes of Maeve
- Maeve Ingoldsby, and former writer on RTÉ soap operas Glenroe and Fair City
- Maeve Brennan, Irish short story writer and journalist
- Maeve Kelly, Irish writer
- Maeve Binchy, Irish novelist, playwright, short story writer
- Maeve Hillery, Irish anaesthetist
- Maeve Kinkead, American soap opera actress
- Maeve Quinlan, American actress and former professional tennis player
- Maeve Kyle, Irish Olympic athlete and hockey player
- Maeve McGuire, American actress,
- Maeve Sherlock, Labour Party life peer
- Maeve O'Donovan, singer-songwriter from Limerick, Ireland
- Maeve Higgins, Irish comedian from Cobh, County Cork
- Maeve O'Boyle, Scottish singer-songwriter
- Maeve Germaine in Babe as Actress
- Maeve Jinkings in O Som ao Redor as Actress
- Maeve Murphy in Beyond the Fire as Director
- Maeve Paterson in The Tailor of Panama as Costume Designer
- Maeve McGrath in Mother Me Daughter as Actress
- Maeve O'Meara in French Food Safari as Writer
- Maeve McCrorie in What We Did on Our Holiday as Actress
- Maeve Andrews in The Incredibles as Actress
- Maeve Dermody in movie Black Water as Actress
Lists having Maeve
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Mae
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)