Maire name meaning
What does Maire mean?
Largely used in Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Irish and Danish sufficiently quirky, Maire is of Finnish and Hebrew origin is used as a baby girl name. Maire is variation of biblical, frequently used and eternal Mary. Mary is form of Maria in English language. Also Mary is English cognate of Maria. Mary's meaning is Lady and Princess of the Sea is of Hebrew and Egyptian origin. Also Maire is form of Máire in Nordic language.
How does Maire sound as a baby name?
Maire is a charming and unique baby girl name that has become increasingly popular in recent years. It is of Latin origin and means "Star of the sea". This name exudes a sense of beauty, grace, and elegance that makes it stand out from other names. Maire is also easy to pronounce and spell, which makes it a great choice for parents who want a name that's simple yet distinctive. It's well-suited for parents who are looking for a name with a celestial meaning or who feel a deep connection to the sea. Overall, Maire is an excellent choice for parents seeking an uncommon yet beautiful name for their baby girl.
How do I pronounce Maire?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Maire is ma(i)-re.
Variants of Maire
Mairi, Mary, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Máire, Maaria, Marielle, Mai, Mara, Marea, Adamary, Marigrace, Maarja, Maraike, Angelamaria, MaiteNames that rhyme with Maire
How popular is the name Maire?
Maire is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1901 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1901, it ranked 1679th when 26 girls were named Maire. Over 882 babies in United States have been named Maire. Also, in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 113 on girl names chart when 50 babies were named Maire. Over 1171 people have been named Maire in Ireland.
Maire is an uncommon baby name in France there is very thin chances of it still being given as it was last seen in 2005. But Maire is a popular baby name in Finland where every 1 in 700 have the name. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numbers say about Maire?
You are dominant in your circle of friends. Sometimes, your intuition is the reason why you made so mistakes in your life. Your expression number reveals what you are best at and that would be successful businessmen, self-made millionaire, influencer, weird artist, or politician. You are not like other people. You can't get used to a boring life and monotony. You have a quick mind. Planning is what keeps your mind in shape.
Go through the following names similar to Maire
- Dmitry - Used substantially in Finnish and Swedish predominant, Dmitry has origin in Old Greek is used mainly as a baby boy name. Dmitry is Nordic and Russian cognate of Dimitri
- Einhard principally is used in Finnish, English and Swedish has its origin in Old High German and Germanic, meaning of Einhard is "Strong, Strong with a Sword or Alone" is a baby boy name
- Margrit - Meaning of Margrit is The Pearl is specifically used in German, Swedish and Norwegian and is rooted from Old Greek is used for baby girls
- Lucrezia - Meaning of Lucrezia is One Who Wins is commonly used in Danish and Swedish which of Latin origin is aimed at girls
- Beni means Blessed or Plait of Hair has its origin in Hebrew and Latin is a gender-neutral name is mainly used in Finnish and Danish
Famous people named Maire
- Maire Comerford, Irish republican from County Wexford
- Maire O'Neill, Irish actress of stage and film
- Mairead Carty in A Mind to Murder as Actress
- Maire Brennan in King Arthur as Soundtrack
- Mairead McKinley in Edge of Tomorrow as Actress
- Maire Dammert in tvMovie The Time of Skin as Actress
- In 1957 comedy and mystery film, Professor Tim, Maire O'Donnell characterized Peggy Scally.
- In 1946, Maire Hyvönen played the role of Tuulikki in drama film Houkutuslintu.
Lists having Maire
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Irish Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Mai
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Wished
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Rebellion
- Baby Names that mean Star
- Baby Names that mean Lady
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean Princess
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean Jesus
- Baby Names that mean Christ
- Baby Names that mean Perfect
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Sorrow
- Baby Names that mean Rebellious
- Baby Names that mean Mary
- Baby Names that mean Fertile
- Baby Names that mean Sorrowful
- Baby Names that mean Unruly
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Prophet
- Baby Names that mean Muhammad
- Baby Names that mean Purity
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Earth