Maisy meaning and origin
Rare girl name Maisy is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Maisy is "The Pearl" is principally used in English, Swedish, Scottish and Finnish languages. Maisy is version of sacred and ceaseless Margaret. Margaret is variation of well-liked and persistent Marguerite. Margaret is form of Margareta in English language. Meaning of Margaret is Name of a Saint and The Pearl is rooted from Old Greek.
Variants of Maisy
Maizy, Margaret, Marguerite, Margareta, Grieta, Margaux, Mamie, Tita, Margueritte, Annemargaret, Griet, Margarita, Magga, Maret, Marga, Greta, Margau, Margeaux, Margot, Mammie, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Mary, Thita, Christina, Margueriette, Ann, Anna, Anders, Arne, AnneNames that rhyme with Maisy
Popularity of Maisy
Maisy was among the popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 5911 babies have been given the first name. At the peak of its usage in 2010, 584 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 100th position. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 100 baby names 1 times Maisy was a common name in United States. Over 2186 babies have been named Maisy since 1991. When at its peak in 2015,. However after 28 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong.
Maisy is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 2006, peaked in 2012 when it ranked 264th. Over 152 people have been named Maisy in Ireland. Also, Maisy is a familiar name in Luxembourg and Indonesia. As per our findings, over 8000 people has been named Maisy globally.
What numbers say about Maisy?
Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. You should be prepared for big achievements. You suffer from insomnia but your mental health is great. You are daring and courageous. You are an exceptional person, a good listener for your friends and family, but shy as a lover. You deserve the best because you are simply the best. You need to learn how to appreciate your life because no one will do it for you.
If you like Maisy, you would love these names
- Pietari is originated from Old Greek bestowed upon baby boys, Pietari means "The Stone or The Rock" is primarily used in Swedish and Finnish
- Panthéa - Origin of Panthéa is in Greek, meaning of Panthéa is "Name of a Sea Fish"
- Lean - Commonly Accepted unisex name Lean means "Lion of a Man or Man of the People", used mostly in Swedish, German and Finnish is originated from Old Greek and English
- Ciril - Ciril's meaning is Lord or 'Lord is originated from Old Greek which is used in Slavic and Spanish is a boy name
- Marlis - Uncommon unisex name Marlis has its origin in German, Old English and Old Greek used predominantly in German and Finnish languages, Marlis means "Liese, Maria or Sea"
Namesakes of Maisy
- Maisy McLeod-Riera in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King as Actress
- Maisy Stella in Crazy as Actress