Mehmed name meaning
What does Mehmed mean?
Predominantly used in Turkish recent and unheard-of, Mehmed means "Mahmud" which of Arabic origin is a baby boy name . Mehmed is variant form of illustrous Mahmud. Meaning of Mahmud is The Word Hamida Meaning to Praise to Commend to Thank, The Praised One and Another Name for Prophet Muhammad has origin in Arabic.
Variants of MehmedNames that rhyme with Mehmed
How popular is the name Mehmed?
Mehmed is an uncommon baby name in still in use in United States. It also recently appeared in England and Wales baby boy names chart. It also recently appeared in France baby boy names chart. But Mehmed is a popular baby name in Bulgaria where every 1 in 500 have the name as well as in Bosnia and Herzegovina. According to our estimate, over 30000 babies have been named Mehmed globally.
Mehmed in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Mehmed
Learn to be strong and perceptive. You get easily stressed when things don't go as planned. Achieving inner peace and harmony in life is what's most important to you. Learn to let go of things that don't belong in your life anymore. You are probably an artist, or a writer, or something else associated with creativity. You enjoy tense situations and complex problems that require a lot of thinking and creativity.
Do you like Mehmed? You would love these names
- Letafet - Letafet's meaning is Lovely is predominantly used in Turkish
- Hadice is used largely in Turkish is of Arabic origin, Hadice means "Premature Child" is a girl name
- Esmanur is used dominantly in Turkish is rooted from Arabic aimed at girls, Esmanur means "Name or Light"
- Aile - Originated from Turkish, Uncommon and Contemporary Aile is especially used in Sami, Turkish and Swedish and a girl name, Aile means "Family Or Wife"
- Haryka - Prevalently used in Gujarati and Hindi, Haryka means "Wonderful" has its roots in Turkish is used for baby girls
Famous people named Mehmed
- Mehmed Emîn Bozarslan, Kurdish writer
- Mehmed Abdulaziz, 40th head of the Ottoman dynasty from 1973 to 1977
- Mehmed IV Giray, — a khan of the Crimean Khanate
- Mehmed the Conqueror, Ottoman Sultan
- Mehmed I, Ottoman Sultan from 1413 to 1421
- Mehmed III, was Sultan of the Ottoman Empire
- Mehmed VI, 36th and last Sultan of the Ottoman Empire
- Mehmed IV, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire from 1648 to 1687
- Mehmed V, 35th and penultimate Ottoman Sultan
- Mehmed Said Pasha, Ottoman statesman and editor of the Turkish newspaper 'Jerid-i-Havadis'
- Mehmed Fuad Pasha, Ottoman statesman known for his prominent role
- Mehmed Emin Rauf Pasha, was grand vizier of the Ottoman Empire twice under Mahmud II "Adlî" and three times under Abdülmecit I during the Tanzimat period of reformation
- Mehmed Ali Pasha, German-born Ottoman career officer and marshal
- Mehmed Spaho, Yugoslav politician and leader of the Yugoslav Muslim Organization
- Mehmed Emin Âli Pasha, prominent Ottoman statesman during the Tanzimat period
- Mehmed Uzun, contemporary Zaza-Kurdish writer and novelist
- Mehmed Baždarević, Bosnian football manager and former player
- Mehmed Orhan, 42nd head of the Ottoman dynasty from 1983 to 1994
- Mehmed Reshid, Ottoman physician
- Mehmed Alagić, general