Nafisa meaning and origin
Of Arabic origin, Unwonted Nafisa means "Precious Thing, Delicate, Princess, Refined, Pure or Exquisite", largely used in Arabic and Swahili is used as a baby girl name.
Variants of NafisaNames that rhyme with Nafisa
Popularity of Nafisa
Nafisa is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1979 and was able to reach the top 5000 names. In 2004, it ranked 4943rd when 28 girls were named Nafisa. Over 473 babies in United States have been named Nafisa. Also, in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 655 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Nafisa. There are over 660 babies that have been given the name Nafisa in England and Wales.
Nafisa is an uncommon baby name in France where it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Nafisa is extremely popular in Nigeria where every 1 in 2000 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in India, Bangladesh, Iran, Sudan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. According to our research, over 540000 babies have been named Nafisa globally.
Numerological analysis of Nafisa
Travelling is your passion. You want to shout it out to the world that not everyone has to think or behave the same. Hang around with new people but be selective. Trust your intuition when it tells you a person isn't to be trusted. You never take a leap of faith but do things with a plan. Lower your expectations and give the person you truly like a chance to prove. You have a wild heart that can't love one person only but you can try if you find someone worth your time and attention.
Looking for a name like Nafisa? Please go through the following names
- Haseenah is originated from African-Swahili, Haseenah means "Pretty" and a baby girl name is commonly used in Arabic
- Abasy means Stern is rooted from African-Swahili is used for boys. Abasy is derivative of Abasi.
- Bomani means Great Warrior given to boys is originated from African-Swahili
- Kamaria - Offbeat Kamaria is originated from African-Swahili and Arabic bestowed upon girls, Kamaria means "Fair Complexion, Moon or Beautiful Face" is used primarily in African and Swahili
- Ishara - Ishara's meaning is Hint or Protection of Hari is chiefly used in Telugu and Bengali which originated from Sanskrit is a gender-neutral name
Namesakes of Nafisa
- Nafisa Joseph, Indian model and MTV video jockey
- Nafisa Ali, Indian Bengali actress and a Politician