Panayiotis meaning and origin
Panayiotis is variant of well-known and biblical Peter. Peter is a variant form of Pétr. Also Peter is a version of Päter. Peter is equivalent of Petrus in Swedish language. Also Peter is equivalent of Petrus, Which is Peter in German language. Anomalous Latin and Old Greek Peter, meaning of Peter is "The Stone, Strong and Rock".
Variants of PanayiotisNames that rhyme with Panayiotis
Popularity of Panayiotis
Panayiotis is an uncommon baby name in United States, even after 34 years of use, it could not make it big. There are over 265 babies that have been given the name Panayiotis in United States. In England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and achieved its top ranking of 1578 in 1997. But Panayiotis is a popular baby name in Cyprus where every 1 in 90 have the name. According to our estimate, over 10000 babies have been named Panayiotis globally.
What numbers say about Panayiotis?
You are an adventurer who follows his intuition. You lack responsibility and commitment. You don't believe in second chances. You are a walking motivation and inspire people to take control over their lives and make the best of themselves. You love your freedom and respect other people's freedom too. You are open to everyone and often taken for a fool. Being crazy is your way to handle the ugliness of the world and stay sane.
Do you like Panayiotis? Read these names too
- Katia - Especially used in Spanish and English darling, Katia aimed at girls, meaning of Katia is "Pure or The Pure" is originated from Old Greek
- Andriel - Principally used in English unusual, Andriel means "Manly or Brave" and is bestowed upon both genders is originated from Old Greek
- Iolana - Originated from Old Greek and Hawaiian, Customary Iolana bestowed upon girls is used largely in English and Hawaiian. Iolana is equivalent of Yolanda in Hawaiian and English languages
- Marietta - Originated from Old Greek and Hebrew, Famous and Perpetual Marietta in general bestowed upon baby girls, Marietta means "Form of Mary or Princess of the Sea" is used specifically in Swedish and Danish
- Effie - Originated from Old English and Old Greek, Prevalent and Perpetual Effie bestowed upon both sexes, Effie means "Melodious Talk or Star" is used mostly in Finnish, English and Norwegian
Namesakes of Panayiotis
- Panayiotis Demetriou, Cypriot politician and Member of the European Parliament for the European People's Party
- Panayiotis Kokoras, internationally award-winning composer and computer music innovator
- Panayiotis Zavos, biologist from Cyprus
- Panayiotis Simopoulos, is one of Greece's top male fashion models
- Panayiotis Tetsis, Greek painter
- Panayiotis Spyrou, Cypriot football defender
- Panayiotis Engomitis, retired Cypriot football midfielder
- Panayiotis Assiotis, Cypriot footballer currently playing for APOP Kinyras Peyias FC of Cyprus
- Panayiotis Kosma, Cypriot football defender