Phylis meaning and origin
The prevalent and classy girl name Phylis is used mainly in English has its origin in Old Greek, Phylis means "Phyllon". Phylis is variant form of preeminent and all time favorite Phyllis. Originated from Old Greek, English and German, Well-Known and Classy Phyllis is especially used in German and English, Phyllis means "Green Leaves, Phyllon and Green Bough".
Variants of PhylisNames that rhyme with Phylis
Popularity of Phylis
Phylis used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1896 and over 3342 babies have been given the name in 73 years. At the peak of its usage in 1943,. After 73 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. But Phylis is a popular baby name in Kenya where every 1 in 4000 have the name. At least, 20000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
What numbers say about Phylis?
You are a smart person with a greater knowledge and wisdom. The law of attraction is something you admire and use when it comes to achieving your goals. Break down your endless search for happiness when you already have so much to be happy and grateful for. It's like luck follows you wherever you go and whatever you do results in a positive outcome. You manage to hide your issues and emotional struggles pretty very well.
Do you like Phylis? Other names you would love
- Melesio - Unfamiliar Melesio came from Old Greek language is a baby boy name, dominantly used in Spanish, meaning of Melesio is "Careful Attentive"
- Alphée - Greek name Alphée means "Bouvier"
- Ellia - Offbeat Ellia is originated from Old Provençal, Old Greek and French bestowed upon girls, Ellia means "Abbreviation of Eleanor or Ellen or Light" is principally used in English
- Alexandro - Meaning of Alexandro is Defender of Men or Manly is originated from Old Greek and is used particulary in English is used for baby boys
- Nisse - Prominent and Ever lasting boy name Nisse is used in Finnish, Scandinavian and Swedish is rooted from Old Greek language. Nisse is Swedish and Danish cognate of Nils
Namesakes of Phylis
- Phylis Smith, former sprinter from Great Britain
- Phyliss Bailey in Dirty Dozens Tournament of Champions as Sound Department
- Phylis Geller is writer of tvMovie Korean War Stories