Sal name meaning
What does Sal mean?
Sal is abridged form of Salinger.
What do we think of Sal as a name for a newborn?
Sal is a unique and charming name for baby boys that has seen increasing popularity in recent times. This one-syllable name is easy to pronounce and spell, making it easy to remember. What makes Sal stand out from other names is its subtle yet powerful meaning. Derived from the Latin word for savior, Sal has a strong spiritual significance that suggests hope, deliverance, and redemption. While some may see this name as old-fashioned or traditional, it has a timeless appeal that will never fade away. A great advantage of this name is its versatility- it can be paired with several middle names to create unique combinations that are distinct and memorable. If you're looking for a simple yet meaningful name for your little bundle of joy, Sal could be an excellent choice!
How do I pronounce Sal?
One syllabled Sal is most commonly pronounced as sal.
Variants of SalNames that rhyme with Sal
How popular is the name Sal?
Sal is a common name in United States given to over 3583 babies in 107 years. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1958, 114 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 700th position. But Sal is a popular baby name in Cambodia where every 1 in 2000 have the name. At least, 50000 people globally have carried Sal as their given name according to our estimate.
What numbers say about Sal?
Passion doesn't last much but respect and care do. You are a good friend who listens and never judges. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. You can practically make a person do what you want and they will do it without hesitation. Don't feel guilty if suddenly you find your opinion of something or feelings for someone changed. You were born to change.
Other names similar to Sal
- Livana - Unexpected Livana is used in Kannada, English and Hindi came from Hebrew and Latin used as a girl name, Livana means "Moon, Greece Goddess or Too: the Whiteness"
- Lucio - Eminent Lucio is used particulary in Portuguese and Italian is of Latin and Old Greek origin given to boys, Lucio means "Born At Daybreak, Daylight Babies or Light"
- Columbano - Origin of Columbano is in Portuguese and Latin, meaning of Columbano is "Dove" used mostly in Spanish and Portuguese is bestowed upon baby boys
- Christie - Origin of Frequently Used and Ceaseless Christie is in Latin, meaning of Christie is "Christian Woman or Abbreviation of Christine" and is given to both boys and girls is commonly used in Norwegian and Swedish
- Sylvaine - Meaning of Sylvaine is Forest is of Latin origin
Famous people named Sal
- Sal Viscuso, American actor
- Sal Restivo, sociologist/anthropologist
- Sal Cuevas, American electric bass guitarist and upright bassist
- Sal Mosca, student of Lennie Tristano
- Sal Fish, retired CEO/President of SCORE International
- Sal Nistico, American jazz tenor saxophonist
- Sal Salvador, bebop jazz guitarist and a prominent music educator
- Sal Mineo, Salvatore Mineo, Jr
- Sal Buscema, American comics artist
- Sal Soghoian, user automation expert, software developer
- Sal Bando, former third baseman and executive
- Sal Brinton, President of the UK Liberal Democrats
- Sal Maglie, American Major League Baseball pitcher and later
- Sal Fasano, American former professional baseball catcher
- Sal Solo, English singer
- Sal Abruscato, American musician
- Sal Rinauro, American professional wrestler
- Sal Castro, Mexican-American educator and activist
- Sal Yvars, professional baseball catcher
- Sal Marchiano, former American sportscaster
- Sal Butera, American former professional baseball catcher
- Sal Sunseri, American college and professional football coach
- Sal Paolantonio, Since joining ESPN in 1995
- Sal Abbatiello, executive in the music business
- Sal Caccavale, former American soccer midfielder and now coach
- Sal Piro, president of The 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' Fan Club
- Sal Zizzo, Salvatore "Sal" Zizzo Jr
- Sal Rosato, American football fullback
- Sally Dryer in It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown as Actress
- Sally Tatchell in Michelle as Writer
- Salomé Richard in Les navets blancs empêchent de dormir as Actress
- Sally Dennison in RoboCop as Casting Director
- Salome Kammer in Weihnachtswölfe as Actress
- Salli Newman in When a Man Loves a Woman as Producer
- Sal Borgese Giuseppe Salvatore Borgese, better known as Sal Borgese, is an Italian actor.
- In 1982, Sal Angelo portrayed the role of The moviemaker in drama film L'ultimo schermo.
- Sal Da Vinci, from 1984 flick Il motorino, who played N.
- Sal Mazzotta, from 2007 drama and horror movie The Unknown Trilogy, who characterized Frankie 'The Squirrel' Salerno (segment "Frankie the Squirrel") and James Patulo (segment "Gone").
- Sal Rastegar characterized the role of Phelps in sci-fi movie Renegade of Light.