Sanya meaning and origin
Chiefly used in Danish, Kannada, Indian, Tamil, Sanskrit, Russian, Telugu, Bengali, Swedish, Norwegian, Hindi, Marathi, Arabic, Gujarati, Finnish, Oriya and Malayalam unusual, Sanya means "First Light of Sun, Beneficent, Fortunate, Splendid, Radiant, Born on Saturday, Eminent or Distinguished" that originated from Old Greek is aimed at both sexes. Sanya is diminutive of Alexander. Alexander is Latin cognate of The Greek Name Αλεξανδρος. Outlandish Alexander has its origin in Dutch, Hungarian and Old Greek, Alexander means "Warrior, Protector of Mankind and Protector".
Variants of SanyaNames that rhyme with Sanya
Popularity of Sanya
Sanya was a common name in United States. Over 1781 babies have been named Sanya since 1957. When at the peak of its usage in 2007,. However after 61 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Sanya is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 852 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Sanya. Over 307 people have been named Sanya in England and Wales.
Sanya is an uncommon baby name in France, even after 26 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 295 babies in France have been named Sanya. However things change on global perspective, Sanya is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 600 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Thailand, Belarus, Guinea-Bissau, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and India. According to our findings, at least 410000 people have been bestowed Sanya around the globe.
What numbers say about Sanya?
You take things too personally and it's affecting your mental health in a negative way. You have a sharp focus and highly developed sense of intuition. You are dedicated to your career more than you are dedicated to your personal life. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. But once they get to know you better, they see that you are nothing like presented. You can't stand people without a purpose.
Do you like Sanya? Read these names too
- Manaal - Infrequent unisex name Manaal means "Attainment or Achievement" is predominantly used in Kannada and Gujarati
- Suhag - Girl name Suhag means "Love" is mostly used in Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam
- Khuzaymah - Boy name Khuzaymah is predominantly used in Arabic and Hindi, meaning of Khuzaymah is "Old Arabic Name"
- Behnaz - Girl name Behnaz has origin in Old Persian, largely used in English and Arabic languages, meaning of Behnaz is "The Most Beautiful Beauty or Best Coquetry"
- Temin - Temin's meaning is Completed or Accomplished is used as a boy name is rooted from Hebrew and Arabic
Namesakes of Sanya
- Sanya Dharmasakti, Thai jurist, university professor and politician
- Sanya Mateyas, Croatian–American actress and singer
- Sanya Richards-Ross, : 48
- Sanya Hughes in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides as Actress
- Sanya Borisova in The Expendables 2 as Actress
- Sanya Kongdara in Insurgent as Actor
- In 1993 comedy, drama film, Look Ba Teaw La Sud, Sanya Kunakorn characterized Nop.
Lists having Sanya
- Boys names beginning with S
- Girls names beginning with S
- Greek Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean First
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Fortunate
- Baby Names that mean Splendid
- Baby Names that mean Radiant
- Baby Names that mean Eminent
- Baby Names that mean Distinguished