Saray meaning and origin
Saray's meaning is Princess is used dominantly in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish and Spanish. It is rooted from Hebrew is used as a baby girl name . Saray is a version of biblical and prevailing Sarai. Sarai is variation of hot in fashion and durable Sarah. Sarai is Nordic cognate of The Hebrew Name שָׂרָי = Contentious. Sarai means Princess is originated from Hebrew.
Variants of SarayNames that rhyme with Saray
Popularity of Saray
Saray was a popular name in Spain. Over 4015 babies have been named Saray since 2002. When at its peak in 2006, 683 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 67th position. After 9 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 100 baby names 7 times Saray used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1974 and over 2050 babies have been given the name in 43 years. At its zenith in 2007,. But after 43 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low.
Saray is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. And also in France. But Saray is a popular baby name in Cambodia where every 1 in 2000 have the name. As per our evaluation, over 30000 babies have been bestowed Saray around the globe.
What numerology tells about Saray?
Unrestricted lifestyle is your mark. Your motto is: be the change you want to see in the world and make a difference while you are alive. Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. You are a good friend. Love is very important to you and you would do just anything for the people you love. You never focus on things that don't improve your life or make you a better person.
Do you like Saray? You would love these names
- Rivka - Commonly Accepted girl name Rivka means "Tie or Beguiling" mainly used in Russian and Hebrew is rooted from French and Hebrew languages
- Dinora - Of Hebrew and Aramaic origin, Unconventional Dinora bestowed upon girls and is used chiefly in Spanish and Portuguese, Dinora means "Fire or Light"
- Jean-Noël - Jean-Noëls origin is Hebrew, meaning of Jean-Noël is "God is Merciful or God with Us"
- Leya means Leah is a girl name. It is rooted from Hebrew and Spanish is used dominantly in Finnish and English
- Addisun - Originated from English and Hebrew, Curious and Modernistic Addisun is used as a baby girl name, Addisun means "In the Bible God Created Adam-the First Man-out of the Red Earth and Breathed Life into Him and Humanity". Addisun is derivative of Addison.
Namesakes of Saray
- Saraya-Jade Bevis in The Viper Room as Actress
- Sarayu Blue in Lions for Lambs as Actress
- In 2009, Saray Sakana portrayed the role of Maly in thriller movie Bakluon.